Chapter 38

"Hey, Kadoc," I lift my hand into a wave, "It has been a very long time, I was starting to wonder if I would ever see again."

"Hoping or wondering?"

"Honestly?" I chuckle, "Hoping. I have had plenty of people die around me and I am kind of getting sick of it. Let's call this one off till a later date?"

He only shakes his head, "I am afraid I can't allow that to happen. You see you robbed me from the Grail and now I have to take this one."

I shake my head, "Chances are I saved you," I chuckle, "But you wouldn't understand even if I told you," I look at Jeanne, "But you seem dead set on doing this - so let's kill each other already."

In a matter of seconds, Jeanne closes the distance between him and her. Ready to cut him down the entire area gets covered in a snow storm. The storm calms itself only to reveal that our area has been covered in snow.

A domain... so your territory even stretches to here. 

Jeanne backs up to me instantly, muttering, "It had to be this cold."

"Not a fan?" I ask, "As the dragon witch I guess that should only be natural," she glares at me over her shoulder, "Okay probably not the time to be having this conversation."

"Don't you think this is rather poetic?" Kadoc says, "Fire against ice. Now all that is left is to figure out which one's burn is worse."

Digging one hand in my pocket as I shiver, I look down at the remaining command seal.

"I hate Casters," I then point towards them, "Unleash your power, Avenger. Attack with all your might," sacrificing my last command seal for a single purpose, ending this fight before it started.

It seems that Caster has made her move, I see a storm coming possibly a magical attack aimed to encase us. Though Jeanne seems eager to face off against it, as for me... I am unable to do anything other than watch. I can't risk straining my circuits when we are so close to it.

Despite the snow, it was comfortably warm around her, the palms of her hands burst into flames as if she was preparing to burn everything in front of her.

The avalanche-like attack draws closer and closer, with a simple gesture of lifting her hand. A flame burst from the ground like a geyser. The explosions start to sound off at random as more and more of the surroundings were about to be covered with this deep red flame.

Being pushed back completely I can see Kadoc's expression grow tense.

Jeanne disappears from my side, appearing a few steps away from Kadoc with the intention to kill him. Caster however shields him in a glacier that wards Jeanne's attacks off. Jeanne turns on her heel throwing her flagstaff at Caster floating in the air.

Though she blocks that attack, a flame-like spear strikes her out of the sky.

The domain shatters revealing the area we were in a second ago. I glance to the distance to find that they are still fighting despite Jeanne killing her in the Domain. Icy-like spells along with more fiery explosions cover the area almost completely.

Why isn't Caster using her Noble Phantasm? Does she not have one that would help in this situation?

Or is Jeanne that relentless that she can't get it off.

I glance over to Kadoc, I fully expected him to attack me but it seems like we have left this battle to be determined by our servants... though I am afraid if that was the case then you have already lost, Kadoc.

I flash him a pained smile. 

Two bodies crash into the ground in front of me. Waving away the dust, I see a glimpse of red. Before the dust could settle I knew that both Kadoc and his Servant's life was taken. The concrete all but shifted upwards as Caster lay at the center.

Her body slowly dematerializes. I shoot my gaze towards where Kadoc stood to see Jeanne pulling her blade from his torso.

"How unfortunate," I sigh, "You didn't need to die but I guess you wouldn't have left us much choice."

"They made their bed," Jeanne remarks, as she walks towards me, "Let them lay in it."

I nod, "The day has almost gone by," I look towards the church, "We should see what is happening and move on to the final stages of this war. It should all end within a few days I reckon."

"Good," she says, then with a simple gesture she starts walking in the direction of the church.

***   ***   ***

As we reach the church... the place is absolutely wrecked. Though near the entrance sits a Servant wearing blue. Though it seems like he almost expected us to make our way towards the church.

Though whatever he fought... it was clear they lost.

"Oh, you two finally decided to show up," he chuckles, resting his spear on his shoulders, "From all the otherworlders it seems that only you two are left."

"You were the one watching us?"

He nods, "More like making sure you don't interfere with this war but I figured what I didn't see can't be possibly my fault."

"And this?" I gesture to everything else that is destroyed.

"Hmm," he looks at the half-destroyed church, "That would be my handiwork. Though I expect that you would be looking for little miss Rin and Emiya, by now they should have probably already dealt with Caster."

"That so?" I then lift my shoulders, "Thanks."

Turning around Jeanne follows me back out of the main gate, "I almost expected you to go inside."

I shake my head, "This is their fight. Let them fight it, there is no need for us to get in the middle when it has already begun. Besides we need to prepare for the Grail."