Chapter 42 - Part two

***   Jalter POV   ***

Glancing up at the sky, the Grail has been fully destroyed. There are no more servants left in this world - they have either gotten their human bodies or disappeared from this world, returning to their place on the throne of heroes.

Walking around the area, I glance at those three as they celebrate their victory. Mine however... I have yet to determine it.

At the center of where the Grail stood, there I finally found his unmoving body. Lowering myself to my knees I turn his body to reveal his face. Tears well in my face as I laugh at myself, "I finally found you."

Grabbing him, I lift him into my lap running my hand through his hair as I inspect his body. There was evidence of wounds on his body but it seemed to have disappeared. The mana that I always sensed him has all but burned out.

Lifting my gaze to the sky, I sniffle, "They made it. We... made it. I did as you asked, my love. Saber's name is Artoria Pendragon. We should haved expected that much but the more I think of it I can't help but feel silly."

"Oh... she made it as well. Just moments before she destroyed it she used that crystal you gave her. Geez, looking out for people even when you shouldn't."

"Shirou killed him, I didn't expect him to be able to. Even Archer was here a few moments ago, you missed it."

Taking a deep breath I lower my gaze to his face, "It's a beautiful night, and here you are missing out on it completely. Then again, I am dying to tell you that we made it... that you managed to keep your promise."

Tilting my head, I brush my lips against him, pulling away with a chuckle, "Geez, wake up already. You are going to let me think that you did die."

The corners of his mouth arch upwards, "For you to speak like that must mean we are in heaven."

"Please, as if God would ever let me up there," he slowly opens his eyes, locking them onto me, "Hey."

He lifts his hand to my face but he seems to be struggling, I grab his hand placing it against my cheek, "Sorry. I seem to have lost a little bit of my eyesight," he chuckles, "Though considering everything this much is enough."

I shake my head, "We made it. You crazy bastard."

Tears stream down his face, "I'm glad. We will have our eternity now."

"For now we can rest. We have all the time in the world."

He chuckles, "So... will it be Jeanne (L/N)? No... I don't think it would work that well."

I lower myself, pressing my forehead against his, "I think my heroic self wouldn't allow that."

"Then I will settle with (Y/N) d'Arc."

"(Y/N)... I love you."

Moving his hand from my face to my neck, pulling me closer, "I love you too, Jeanne."