Chapter 41

"Saber," I call out to her, as she stands in front of the temple entrance.

She turns to me almost confused before smiling, "(Y/N). I didn't expect to see you at all-"

I shake my head, "I did say my goodbyes but I expect them to use you to destroy the grail, but considering your mana I don't think you will last long."

She nods, "Yeah. Rin is sharing her Mana with Shirou-"

I then chuckle, "Then it leaves me with no choice," I give her a small crystal that is glowing bright blue, "The last resort to make sure you don't completely disappear on us. It would pain me greatly if you were to disappear and won't have the chance to celebrate."

I drop it in her hands, "What is this?"

I reveal my gauntlet, "Something I made myself. I only need a few so you take that one. Crush it and then it should give you enough mana to survive a few days if you plan on doing absolutely nothing."

She lowers her head in gratitude, "I appreciate this gift, (Y/N)."

"Just win for their sake, I ain't exactly the hero anyone needs. Besides I always looked out for myself. This is me repaying my debt for the people that brought me this far, don't waste it, Saber."

She shakes her head, "I won't."

"Well - we will be counting on you seeing as we will be slipping past along with you."

"You get to the Grail," she nods, "Leave everything else to me."

I signal that we will be making our move now to Jeanne, she nods as she steps closer. Following Saber, up the steps, we are stopped in our tracks by who I assume to be one of Caster's servants... though I have no idea why he is still around.

Saber then speaks as she brandishes her weapon, "Assassin? Caster is gone why are you still here?!"

He smiles at her, "True, but I am a unique case, you see. I am a false servant, summoned with this place as my anchor. Thus I am a gatekeeper that may only appear at this main gate. Of course, with that Vixen gone, I shan't survive the night."

"That I managed to last this long is simply good fortune," he then locks eyes with me and Jeanne, "Yet somehow very unfortunate."

Digging my hands in my pockets, "I have no quarrels with you, Assassin. I don't wish to send my Servant to kill you, allow us to pass."

He chuckles, "So you say, but wouldn't that make me a bad gatekeeper?"

"You say that as if anyone is around to critique you on it," I return the smirk, "Your master is dead."

"But of course," he steps aside slightly.

I wink at Saber as if wishing her good luck, she returns the gesture with a nod as both me and Jeanne slip past him. I would have gone another way but... Jeanne can't get passed considering she is a servant.

This is the only way.

Jeanne then asks, "About the mana crystal..."

"I have no need for it after this," I say, turning to her with a smile, "Besides I felt like I owed them so rather Saber risking herself to destroy the Grail she can have a choice of living in this world along with Rin and Shirou."

"You think she would take that offer?"

I lift my shoulders, "It is up to her to take it. Besides, for the two of us, all that matters is that we get close enough to the Grail so that I can work my magic."

"What about your circuits," she gives me a concerned stare, "You still haven't recovered at all."

I look at my gauntlet, "Which is why this will have to do all the work. There is enough mana to cast a spell capable of wiping out a small town so it should be enough to interact with the Grail."