Chapter 25

"Well that is the relative gist of it," I say, "Though I have already made it critically clear to Shirou if neither of you want me to interrupt then I will stay out of your way. Then I will leave you all with a bit of good luck and hope that you don't die."

Jeanne then mutters, "You don't really have much luck when it comes to anything."

I retort, "She doesn't need to hear it."

Rin then looks at the two of us, "Are you two being serious? You would give the chance at your own Grail?"

I nod, "What's so strange about it? Some people don't care for the Grail as sometimes they got roped into the War just because the Grail decided for it to be so."

"Hmm," she lifts her hand to her chin as she thinks, "That... still doesn't make sense but are you certain?"

"We just said we were, girl," she then mutters, "Why does everyone think it to be so strange?"

I furrow my brow at Jeanne, "Uhh, anyways. We are pretty certain of our decision."

She then nods, crossing her arms, "Well, if that is the case then I should probably inform you that we found one Master at the school and he is without a servant. Though Caster's Master is still unknown to us and we intend on figuring out who it is."

I nod, "Then if you decide to make a move notify me immediately. My timeline's Saber and her Master will be desperate for power and are likely to side with Caster."

"Understood," she then looks between me and Jeanne, rubbing her forehead, "I didn't expect such a turn of events."

I reassure her, "Me neither," I then lift my hand to wave signaling my leave.

"Wait-"

I stop in place as I turn, "Yeah?"

"Ah, never mind. I guess you already answered my question."

I tilt my head, waiting a bit longer to see if she changes her mind, "Well, I will be taking my leave. Stay safe out there," I wave goodbye as I dig my hands in my pockets.

"Are we done entertaining the masses?"

"For now," I state, "Up next is getting a place to live considering we pretty much got kicked out due to Caster owning the territory around that Hotel and the other Caster around the temple."

"What a pain," she sighs, "Then... what do you think about them?"

"They show promise but they are still kids, Rin does think as a mage should and Shirou is blinded by his own heroism," I then rub my eyes, "Rin is a capable mage as well, and as far as we know Shirou is a novice who only dappled in fortification."

"I would suggest teaching him-"

I shake my head, "Would take too long. There isn't enough time to master fortification before Caster becomes much stronger."

"- but that would be a waste of time," she glares at me.

"Sorry, didn't realize you were going to add something afterward."

"Yeah - yeah," she then smiles at me, "Well what do we plan on doing if these two were to die?"

I smirk, "We take it for ourselves."

"Didn't expect that answer, though I would have suggested the exact same thing. Looks like we have pretty comparable mindsets," she then fixes her jacket, "What will we be doing while we wait?"

"I know what I will be doing but I don't know what you will be doing," I frown, "Considering what I am doing breaks the laws of the Grail System and this requires a lot of power I need to make sure that I don't overlook anything."