Chapter 24

"This is where it was?" I then scratch the side of my head, "Right?" I turn to Jeanne who only lifts her shoulders.

"No clue."

"Some help you are," I then spin around as I peek into any opening to the nearby buildings.

"Some help - let's just overlook the couple dozen times I had you save your suicidal ass getting into situations-"

I stop in my tracks turning to her, "You were the reason I got into one of those situations in the first place!"

"But that is your own damned fault!" she crosses her arms, holding her glare, "So annoying, even that you couldn't tell that I obviously liked you. Geez... and I am the hopeless one," she pushes past me.

I grab her hand as she spins around, lifting her arm she points to down the street with a stoic expression, "His house is there."

I smile widely at her, "Thank you," I pat her on the head and then make my way towards the house.

I hear her mumble behind me, "I swear you are trying to make me angry on purpose."

I then remark as I glance over my shoulder, "It's because I find every little outburst and the faces you pull are cute."

"Huh?" she sneers at me, "You are disgusting."

"Then we make a good fit, no?"

"You really aren't listening to me either are you?"

I return my gaze back in front of me as I purse my lips, "How to put it... I guess it is because I feel like it reminds me so much about how we met and even after it all you still haven't changed from then and now. So in a sense, you were honest from the start."

"Oi, you are saying weird things."

I turn to her with a furrowed, "Let me finish."

She teasingly smirks at me, lifting herself closer, "You just said it is moments like these that you like the most or maybe you were just lying through your-"

I steal a kiss, she stares blankly at me before her face flushes, "I stand by what I said. Well like half of it because you spent some time trying to convince yourself you don't like me."

She then averts her gaze in whispering, "I get it okay, you can stop bringing that up now."

As I lean in closer, grabbing her by the shoulder - "(Y/N)?"

I groan, muttering to myself, "The timing," I then turn around smiling with a wave, "Hey, Shirou. I was actually looking for you."

He nods, "Saber told me that you were outside and probably looking for me."

"Yeah about that-" I glance at Jeanne through the corner of my eye to see that she wearing a menacing stare.

Can I kill him?

Yea - of course not!

"- I wanted to talk about this Grail war with you."

He nods, "Come inside," he says with a smile.

"Ah, I'll be with you now."

Jeanne then pushes me forward, "Come on. Let's get this over and done with."

I chuckle, "Someone sounds a bit grumpy."

She sighs loudly, "Yeah... the moods ruined now," she then looks at me through the corner of her eye wearing a small smile, "Je t'adore."

"Hmm? What?" she pushes me forward - right, I forgot that you should still be able to speak... french... yeah I didn't almost forget about the human history and I bet she wouldn't be too excited to hear that I almost forgot her origin for a solid second.