Chapter 22

It hasn't really set in yet - the fact that almost half a day ago my body was beaten and broken and magically healed within a few hours, saving me from the brink of death and then in mere moments found love.

It's strange - I never seemed to chase it yet here it is, I won't complain though I won't let go either. I will hold onto this feeling.

Staring out at the city from a small park in the mountains, I glance at Jeanne staring out at the view ahead of us, feeling a lump in my chest.

"Jeanne... what do you want to do?"

"Does it matter?" she asks with a chuckle.

"What kind of question is that? Does it matter... of course it does."

"Hmm," she then prods my side, "I thought we already came to that conclusion, not happy with it."

I shake my head, "I am plenty happy, though..." I sigh, "We are running out of time, our time together that is."

"I am aware," she nods, "If they all return back to your timeline and claim the grail... how long will it take till I can't stay anymore."

I nod in silence, knowing that that is what is bothering me the most.

"So... we will meet again when I die."

She then laughs, "Won't that mean you would just throw yourself off the nearest building?"

I lift my shoulders, "I doubt I would be that extreme, but I don't want to be able to live without you either."

"You sound terrified of the idea."

"Maybe."

"Then," I glance at her as she rests her arms on the railing, then resting her head on her arms, "We will have to hope that this Grail will allow me to bath in its waters and become human..."

I nod, "I imagine you are quite fond of that."

She shakes her head, "Why would I be?" she then groans, "But what the hell, it doesn't matter to me that much anyway," her cheeks redden slightly, "I just want to be with you."

"I am afraid that they will soon notice that... even if they return the Grail will still stand as we are still alive."

"They probably already know," she mutters, "Though I find it surprising that they haven't killed us yet."

"I expect them to turn on us the moment they can get back," I state, "It is only a matter of time before they realize that time is running out for them and that the options are severely limited for all parties involved."

"What do you want to do?" she then asks, holding her gaze onto me, "I would suggest killing them but it is far too late for that and Caster would be able to wipe us off the face of this planet with ease."

I nod, "Besides, they were kind to us in our time of need."

"I was trying to overlook that to make it easier on you but sure go ahead," she snickers as I roll my eyes, "Do you have an idea how to get them back?"

I nod, "I do - but I don't think I am strong enough to be able to do it. Caster - no, not even Caster will be able to do it with enough mana," I rub my forehead, "If there was a way to simply manipulate the Grail to open the Gates of power to me then maybe, I can force a wish but to waste something like that which can possibly kill  me."

She prods my face, "You are thinking too much about yourself. Make them do it - this is their lives and their fate. Not yours."

"I will still be the one tampering with powers I shouldn't," I say, "I-"

"Then I won't let you do it," she says with a stern voice, "Teach him how to do it if you have to put I won't allow you to kill yourself for someone else."

"I am already doing that for you."

"That's different," she turns to me fully, "I am serious, (Y/N)."

I nod, "I know, I know," I reach for her but she pulls back.

"Promise me."

"Why would I?" I then reach for her wrist pulling her closer, "After all, all this time I have only been thinking about us."

She shifts on her feet, "Then why are you thinking about it so intensely."

"Curiosity. My research on the Grail and how it works have led me all the way here," I then lower my head, resting my forehead against hers, "But I should stop myself, I won't let it take something else from me."

"But what if it takes you from me."

I shake my head, "You will always have me," I then pull away, "Right?"

She blushes slightly, pouting her lips, "Fine. Just don't do anything stupid. Okay?"

"Talk about expecting too much from me," I laugh, "But we only have one enemy left. Then out sights should be set on this Grail and pick a side that would allow us to draw from it to steal one last wish."

She groans loudly, "I was waiting for you to say that."

I tilt my head, "Is it really that much of a problem?"

With a sigh she shakes her head, "I suppose not. As it stands we have a better chance staying here than actually going back to that timeline."

I finally push myself off the railing of the viewpoint, "Sorry," I smile at her, "Think about it has only been killing my mood."

She arches her eyebrow, "Dunno why you decided to think of it in the first place then," she then rests her hands on her waist, "Feeling a little better about yourself at least?"

"A little," I admit, "Though my partner is pretty terrible at cheering me up."

She narrows her eyes, "I am only telling you what I would have done."

"Not a very good leading example," I remark as I start walking away from the place.

"Bite me."

"I want to."

"Fuck yourself."

"So rude," I sigh, "Well, I wouldn't have it any other way -Ack! What was that for!?" I rub my side as she glares at me.

"Running your mouth saying stupid shit," she cuffs her fist again.

"You were being so nice just a few seconds ago," I then pout, "Love is fleeting."