Chapter 4

Chapter 4

When Jade woke up the next day she was so out of it, that it took a few seconds to gather her surroundings. However, one thing she knew for certain was that she was unbelievably hot. When she finally came around, she felt the pain in her chest but found herself unable to move.

"What the hell!" She whispered when she noticed tanned arms securely wrapped around her touching her breast. She tried to move, but the hand started to move to grab the other one.

"Stop moving." A husky voice mumbled from behind and Jade froze. She looked over her shoulder to see Marcus sleeping peacefully in her bed.

"What the actual fuck," Jade yelled startling Marcus as she tried to push against him until he fell off the bed with a thump.

"Why the fuck are you in my bed? Wait, why are you wearing no clothes? Wait why were you touching my boobs," Jade yelled as Marcus rubbed his head.

"Christ women, it's too fucking early for your banshee-like self." Jade's face grew red as she tried to get out of bed, but failed as her movements were sluggish.

"Excuse me, you where the fucker that was in my bed. So, explain or lord help me that pretty face of yours won't look so pretty." Marcus laughed as he stood up watching as Jade struggled to get out of the bed.

"You think I am pretty? Ah kitten, I am flattered." Jade clenched her fist after finally getting off the bed and went to charge at Marcus only to end up falling over herself and into his warm, hard and inviting chest.

"Whoa careful there, someone would think you want me." Jade pushed against his chest trying not to focus on how her hands felt on his warm bronze chest.

"Why were you in my bed? Better yet, why the fuck are you in my house?" Jade started to sway as her chest tightened in pain.

"Whoa careful Jade." Marcus guided her to the bed and sat her down as he rushed into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"Thanks," Jade said as she took her medication and let the cool water calm her down as it trickled its way down her throat soothing it from the screaming.

"How are you feeling?" She finished the water and held the glass in her lap.

"I am fine Marcus, just go home, please." Marcus frowned at her sudden change in mood. One minute she was yelling at him the next she looked sad.

"Jade, what's wrong?" He asked tilting her chin, so she was looking at him.

"What is wrong is that I want you to get the fuck out of my house. That is what I want." Jade screamed and watched as his face dropped, but she didn't have the energy to care as his face of concern was replaced with the cool exterior she met on the first day.

"Fine." He stormed out of her house slamming the door in the process cause Jade to flinch at the loud bang that followed. Once Jade knew he was gone and threw her glass at the wall and watched it shatter, much like her life.

Being in the hospital bought back too many memories and emotions that Jade just couldn't deal with. So, she did what she did best, she pushed everyone away to be by herself. She slowly made her way to her shower and found herself still in there, sitting on the floor two hours later.

Her skin was wrinkly, and she was cold, but that didn't matter because it took away the numbness inside of her. The numbness she wanted to go away. She got out of the shower and changed into sweatpants and a shirt and stumbled her way into the lounge room.