Chapter 35

Chapter 35

She felt sick. Her heart was pounding in her chest and at any moment she was worried she would throw up. Her hands became clammy as she gripped the sides of her chair as she remembered to breathe. She felt like every nerve in her body was in overdrive, as the air from outside gently brushed over her damp skin. Her body was tense as Marcus pushed her over the threshold with their entourage following behind.

She wanted to wheel herself back inside to bed, but with everyone watching, she didn't want to show them just how weak she was.

"You okay?" Marcus whispered in her ear as he pushed her towards the lift. Jade said nothing as she nodded her head and kept reminding herself to breathe and that everything would be okay. She could hear Savannah and Marco chatting behind her as she swallowed the bile that was stuck in her throat as they waited for the lift to come.

"If it's too much let me know okay?" Marcus said watching Jade closely. She was tense, and he wasn't sure if she was breathing until he saw the slight moment of her chest.

"I'm fine." She croaked out as the elevator doors opened. The 4 of them piled into the lift and Jade started to hyperventilate. Her breathing came out faster, and she felt her chest tightening. She dug her hands into the side of her chair and closed her eyes praying that the lift ride would be over soon. The small crowded space was making her anxious, and she felt like she had no room to breathe. She didn't need to look at Marcus to know he was feeling the same so the moment those doors opened Marcus hastily pushed Jade out while the other two followed.

The closer she was pushed towards the door the greater her anxiety increased. She could feel the sunlight trying to blind her through the dark and it was already giving her a headache. She could see the door getting closer and closer and she freaked out.

"Stop." She breathed as she placed her hands on either side of the chair ignoring the burn as she tried to stop herself from moving forward any more. She felt Marcus stop as she was just mere meters away from stepping outside for the first time since she left the hospital.

She started to hyperventilate as she gasped for air. Her lungs had stopped working and she could feel her body begging for air. The pressure in her chest started to build as tiny black dots danced in front of her eyes from lack of oxygen. Her brain was signalling to breathe before she passed out, but her body wasn't obeying her, no matter how hard she tried.

"Hey, breathe Jade." She felt rough large hands on her face she assumed was Marcus, but she couldn't see as the black dots became larger. The hands were gently stroking her face as she gripped the side of her chair worried she was about to pass out any second from the lack of oxygen.

Marcus didn't have any idea what to do, so he did the only thing his brain could think of. He placed his lips on hers hoping he didn't get punched in the face again. 

Jade felt soft, warm lips touch hers as Marcus kissed her. Her body was still begging for oxygen and when she felt his tongue run along the seams of her closed lips, she took a deep breath in. She was disappointed and sad when Marcus pulled away, but her panting like a dog was probably the reason. As Jade inhaled oxygen she tried not to appear winded but failed miserably.

Panting like a dog Jade's eyes watered as she finally started breathing and would not pass out. It took a couple of seconds for Jade to get her breath back and Marcus stood by watching and waiting.

"We can do this another day." He said as he realised maybe getting Jade out might not be the best thing for her today. 

"No, it's fine, just give me a few minutes." She looked around and saw that Marco and Savannah were missing from their group. She looked outside and could see the sun was shining and people walking up and down the pathway as they continued with their day.