Chapter 24

Chapter 24

As the days passed by quickly the more agitated Jade became to complete the mission. She tried her best to keep busy to keep her mind off everything, but when she found a moment to herself she thought back to the child, a causality of the war that broke her heart. How could a child so young be persuaded to commit such an act?

She tried not to let it bother her, but she was only human so she wept for the child's life she had to take and the family that no longer had a mother.

"Jade." She felt a hand on her shoulder and she quickly wiped her eyes before turning to the person behind her. When she saw who it was and rolled her eyes and stood up.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." She said with crossed arms as she was about to walk away.

"Wait don't leave just yet please," Marcus said grabbing her arm. Jade felt tingles run up and down her arm and she tried to ignore the warm feeling that was pooling in her stomach. As much as she hated his guts she could not deny the sexual attraction that was between them.

"You feel it too, don't you?" He ran his hand up and down her arm causing the hairs on her arm to stand up.

"Marcus." She whispered as his hand travelled to her waist pulling her closer. She wanted to walk away, but her body was betraying her as she submitted towards him.

"I know you feel it. Your body is trembling and your heart races." He whispered in her ear causing her to shiver at his closeness. His lips were inches away from hers when she snapped out of the sexual daze that Marcus had put her body in.

She quickly grabbed his arms and used his body weight against him to flip him over and onto his back twisting his arm at the same time.

Marcus grunted as he hit the floor and looked up to Jade who was standing above him.

"You are an arrogant, selfish self-centred pig, Marcus. You played me like a toy. You used me and tossed me away when you had finished with me. You made me trust you enough to start to fall in love and you ripped that right from under my feet in one blow. Fuck you and fuck my feelings for you because I regret the day I met you. So Fuck off and leave me the fuck alone." Jade stormed out the tent her tent fuming and soldiers made way for her as she passed in a blazing storm.

She entered the tent where her men were sitting and they took one look at her and knew she meant business.

"We leave at dusk." She left to go get the final plans together leaving the men puzzled as they had planned to go in two nights.

"You think dick face had something to do with this." Corporal Tucker said and all the men looked at each other knowing that he most defiantly did. They knew they were just delaying the mission, but they were a tad worried that Jade wasn't all in her right mind.

"I'll go talk to her." Corporal Taylor said as he stood up and went to find Jade.

It didn't take him long to find the fiery woman who was sitting bent over papers and plans with a frown on her face. She looked tensed as her shoulders were hunched as if she was trying to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders.

"Still so much we don't know." She muttered to herself knowing all too well one of her men was in the room with her.

"We could wait a week and still not have any new information. We just want to make sure that you are okay because if you believe the time is right then we will follow you, but if you are doing this out of rage-" he didn't get to finish before Jade stopped him.

"I may be pissed, but I don't allow that to cloud my judgement. Plus, I received something that means we need to act now. They plan to nationally execute the Australian prisoner." Taylor felt his heart drop and knew why they know needed to act fast.