Chapter 6

10 ~~INT. WEGMANS-MORNING~~ 10

Y/n rushes past the automatic sliding doors.

Y/N
I'm here Mr. Udemyer.

MR. UDEMYER
Finally. I was about ready to replace you.

Y/N
I'm sorry sir, I just didn't realize how late it was. I had to take the train to get here and you know how inconvenient the train can be-

MR. UDEMYER
Did I ask for your life story? No, so get to work.

Y/N
Yes sir. Right away sir.

Mr. Udemyer grumbles as he walks away.

Y/n goes into the backroom and puts on one of the workers' aprons.

She then grabs a box full of condiments and leaves the backroom.

She walks into one of the aisles and begins putting the condiments on the shelves.

Nobody is on the same aisle as her.

All of a sudden, she has to sneeze and covers her face with her arm.

She sneezes and her skin color turns green and scales appear all over her.

She opens her eyes and sees the scales and green on her hands and arms and gives a small cry.

She steps back and the green and scales disappear.

Her skin is back to normal.

She stares at her arms and touches them.

She shakes her head and continues putting the condiments on the shelves.

WORKER
Hey y/n. Udemyer wants you to stack this box of cans.

A worker is standing at the end of the aisle with a box in his hands.

Y/n turns her head to look at him.

She notices that he's pretty far away and unexpectedly jumps towards him.

She jumps so far she makes it all the way to where the worker is standing.

WORKER
Woah. How'd you do that?

Y/n looks at herself, then looks around before replying.

Y/N
I go to the gym.

WORKER
Really? I think I better start going to the gym then. Here. See ya.

He hands her the box and walks away.

Y/N
What is happening to me today?

She walks with the box until she gets to an empty spot right next to a table filled with boxes of Shake 'N Bake Original Pork.

She puts the box on the floor and starts stacking the cans.

She eventually has all of the cans stacked up into a pyramid.

She notices a kid walking down one of the aisles with his dad, holding an ice cream.

She remembers how hungry she is and licks her lips.

Involuntarily, her tongue shoots out and grabs the ice cream.

While going towards the ice cream, her tongue hits the stack of cans and knocks them over.

Her tongue then brings the ice cream towards her, and she swallows it whole.

She stands there shocked as the kid begins whining about his ice cream.

MR. UDEMYER
What the? Y/n! I ask you to do one simple task and you can't even do that?!

Y/n looks at Mr. Udemyer, confused, then notices the stack of cans all over the floor.

Y/N
I'm sorry Mr. Udemyer. I stacked them like you asked, but I somehow accidentally knocked them over. I'm really sorry.

MR. UDEMYER
Well, I somehow accidentally am firing you. Take that apron off and get out.

Y/n goes to say something, but just hangs her head down in shame while she takes off her apron.

She hands it to Mr. Udemyer and walks out of the store.