Chapter 8

13 ~~INT. WRESTLING ARENA-EVENING~~ 13

The wrestling arena is filled with people.

The match is on the ground floor in the center while the stands of people are elevated, surrounding it.

A wrestler is standing alone in the match while the people in the stands chant his name.

The announcer begins speaking while Peter and y/n stand in the sign-up line.

CHECK-IN GIRL
Next. There's no featherweight division here smallfry. Next.

PETER
No, no. Sign me up.

CHECK-IN GIRL
Okay. You understand the NYWL is not responsible for any injury you may and probably will sustain while participating in said event and you are indeed participating of your own free will?

PETER
Yes.

CHECK-IN GIRL
Down the hall to the ramp. May God be with you. Next.

Peter and y/n stand off to the side.

Peter is already wearing his wrestling costume.

Y/n keeps staring at it.

Y/N
Well, good luck, spider ninja.

Peter laughs.

PETER
Thanks.

Peter begins walking down the hall.

Y/N
Peter?

Peter stops and turns around.

Y/N
Be careful.

Peter nods and smiles.

He then continues walking.

Y/N
Show em who's boss.

Y/n walks back into the main part of the arena.

She then stands with a row of people that are standing right in front of the match.

One of the wrestlers throws the other wrestler out of the match and onto a table.

REFEREE
Winner!

Everyone in the stands cheers.

BONE SAW
Next victim!

ANNOUNCER
Are you ready for more?

The announcer hands the wrestler in the match, Bone Saw, the microphone.

BONE SAW
Bone Saw is ready!

Bone Saw hands the microphone back to the announcer as the people in the crowd keep cheering.

ANNOUNCER
Will the next victim please enter the arena at this time? If he can withstand just three minutes in the cage with Bone Saw McGraw the sum of $3000 will be paid to...what's your name, kid?

The announcer is now out of the match and is standing in front of a white background with the silhouette of a man illuminated on it.

PETER
The Human Spider.

ANNOUNCER
The Human Spider? That's it? That's the best you got?

PETER
Yeah.

ANNOUNCER
Oh, that sucks. The sum of $3000 will be paid to the terrifying, the deadly, the amazing Spider-Man!

The white background goes up to reveal Peter Parker in a crappy Spider-Man costume.

People begin booing. 

PETER
My name's the Human Spider.

MAN
I don't care, get out there.

PETER
No, he got my name wrong.