3.

"You cannot go far alone
You enjoy your journey better
If you have people by your side."

-unknown

Melissa

Today was my first day of work at Miller Co. It's 7:30am when I enter with some files. I wish receptionist and other employees morning on my way to Mr Miller's office. Without knocking I enter the room since he arrive at 8am .

Then I go to Chloe and ask for my further work.

"You may ask that to Mr Miller. Since he is not available now you can arrange his files in the shelf opposite to his office.", Chloe state and leave without me answering.

"Okay" I answer to her retreating figure and head to the shelf. There are about 100 files which needs to be arranged alphabetically and according to years.

It takes me fifteen minutes when I am done. I then turn around and am startled to see Mr Miller staring at me. He averts his eyes quick.

"Good morning sir. May I bring your coffee." I ask him greeting with a wide smile.

"You should have already kept it in my office it is two minutes past eight. I want it sharp at eight from tomorrow." He answers coldly.

"Yes sir." I answer hiding the hurt feelings and leave.

Making his coffee I knock on his door.

"Come in." Comes his answer.

Entering the office I place his coffee on the table.

He sips his coffee then after a minute meets my eye.

"Are you planning to stand here all day. Get to your work." He hisses with a scowl.

I hide the hurt of not earning a thanks and speak with a smile ," Miss Carter (Chloe) informed me to get my orders from you."

"Okay get me my schedule."

"You have a meeting in an hour with Mr Smith. Then go for sight-seeing of land for an hotel at 12 and lastly a meeting with Mr Black at restaurant Moore at 3. Ah! and at 5 you have to visit hospital Opollo. " I exclaim.

"Is it all?" He asks.

"Yes sir."

"Okay get the meeting room prepared. Make notes then do a background check on land and later you have to assist me to restaurant." He states.

I nod and leave the office.

~~

It's 3pm now and I am waiting in the lobby for five minutes when he comes and directly enter the car.

I thank Jackson and enter the car.
The car ride is quite. He is talking rudely and cussing at someone over the phone. I cringe at the words and block his voice after putting some ear buds enjoying Allen Walker.

The cuss words bring bad memories of my bullies in the highschool and foster home. However I stood my ground that time with help of my ex-friends. Those were bad days.

I am brought back to reality by slamming of the door. Then I realise we have reached Moore.

Please continue reading.