8

Elliot

I am in the ceremony now. Sebastian Wylde my step brother is there with his fiance Anna and his mother Bethany Miller. They are engaged in talking. They represent a family of which I am not a part neither I want to be.

There are many business partners whom I am familiar with. But first I greet the couple.

"Congrats on the occasion 'brother' . I wish you a happy life for the new couple." With a curt nod I greet my stepmom. "Bethany".

They with a very fake sweet smile greet in same tone.

" Thanks 'brother'. "

"Thanks Elliott."

Sebastian and Anna replies simultaneously.

" I see the same cold man, Elliott. Still no date. You should learn something from your younger brother. You should plan on settling down.", speaks Bethany.

" I will soon. Thanks for your concern though.", I reply and leave to greet my business partners.

The party is in full swing when I see a familiar face. I do a double take and pinch myself to see if she really is there. It hurts and I know I am not daydreaming.

There in all her beauty is standing my angel.

Really 'my'. Where did it come from.

Shut up conscious not the time.

Her baby pink dress is half shoulder hugging all her curves. Her milky white smooth skin is admirable. And angelic features innocent eyes and pink lips. Ah lips which I so desperately want to kiss.

" You want to do much more than kiss." My conscious taunted.

I averted my gaze when I noticed how creepy I was being. I wondered what she was doing here alone. Then I noticed she moved towards the stage and congratulated Sebastian.

" Congrats sir on special your day.", she said with a smile.

" Please no formalities and call me Sebastian and meet my fiance Anna.", he sweetly said seeing lovingly at her fiance.

"Congrats Anna. I'm Melissa Wilson an employee of Wylde Ltd.", my angel said.

"Thanks. She is the new recruit working online and is very talented. Her works have gotten us a huge project." Sebastian told Anna. Now I don't get she is an architect. I am much more confused now.

Then she left and was gazing nervously all around.

I headed towards her but Mr Black went first and I saw how her nervousness increased to discomfort.

" Can I have a dance with you I see you are all alone.", The punk asked.

She was uncomfortably seeing around when I thought to interfare.

" Who said she is alone Mr Black? She is with me. " I said putting my hand on her waist.

Her doe eyes widen and I could feel her relax a second later. The smile returning.

Mr Black immediately left after.

"Good evening Mr Miller."she greeted formally.

"You can call me by my name outside the workplace. But are you really my employ or you work for Wylde.", I asked accusingly.

I could see confusion and hurt at her face so I soon cleared it."I heard your earlier conversation with my stepbrother Sebastian."

"Oh!", she exclaimed with all confusion cleared. " I'm also a employee at Wylde since a week now and it is online work. It's my passion."

"Okay so why are you working yourself over. Didn't I pay you enough?" I asked and noticed her distraught.

When I looked around I saw that many eyes were on us or her. Men were ogling her like a piece of meat.

I took her hand in mine and left for a silent place but not before glaring at all men. I could see her calm down.

"No sir.", she said glancing at my hand that was still catching her wrist. I could see her pink cheeks. Her blush make her look adorable.

I withdrew my hand and frowned at lack of warmth when cold air hit me.

Then she explained how she loves architecture and her father was an architect.

I could she sadness in her eyes when she talked about her father so I interwined my fingers with her and could see smile return. It made my heart swoon.

We talked for hours and revealed our likes and dislikes. I felt so comfortable talking to her. Her expression while she told me about her likes would make me smile which was not possible in presence of anyone. Her scrunching of nose while stating her distate was so cute that made me more attracted to her.

I too told her about my hobbies, my social awkwardness and we played twenty questions.

It was just like I was a teenage talking to my friend, a word which was too strange on my tongue.

She lightened my dark thoughts and I felt lively again.

"She was silence to my chaos."

Please continue reading.