Chapter 22

Chapter 22

1-A trained themselves to their absolute limits, all preparing for the finals. Uraraka, along with almost all of the girls, did as Izuku had advised and trained in both boxing and capoeira.

Kirishima honed his skills, and prepared his secret techniques for potential use. Meanwhile, Izuku himself was undergoing a change.

Tokugawa had urged him to not hold back for once, and a lot went into doing that. He needed to change his mentality, and dig up parts of a beast that he didn't want to be no more. He did it, but not for himself. He did it for those that he cared for, so that they wouldn't have to worry about him fighting so recklessly.

. . .

Class 1-A had been gathered for the final exams, but they were shocked when they heard what it would be about.

The students would fight against the teachers in a two on one battle, with the exception of Izuku of course.

Many students were starting to panic over what was about to go down, but there were a handful that weren't.

Rachel wasn't worried because she immediately realised that Aizawa had misunderstood her entirely when thinking that he would be a good matchup against her. Kirishima wasn't worried either, mostly because he was excited about fighting All Might.

Then there was Izuku, who had absolutely no reason to be worried. No one at UA could even hope to stand up against him, even if they all fought him at the same time. He only felt intrigued, because no one told him who he would be facing.

The teens prepared themselves, then the matches began. The first few were not that interesting, for they either showed the teachers winning or the students almost losing.

It wasn't until Rachel got to fight Aizawa that things got interesting, but that ended in typical Rachel fashion.

The match had to be called off for two reasons. One, Aizawa realised that Rachel didn't need her quirk to exploit his weaknesses. Two, the second he realised that he feared for his own wellbeing and surrendered.

Now it was time for the second to last match, Kirishima and Katsuki versus All Might. Izuku was calm and had observed the monitors quietly up until now, but that quiet would be disturbed when a few new figures entered the room.

"Champion, is it time?" One of them asked. Izuku didn't need to look to know that it was Tokugawa, as he said.

"Yes, it's finally time." With a somewhat excited voice. The room fell silent for a second, until an unfamiliar voice spoke up.

"Good, I was about to fall asleep with my boredom." It said.

This voice was unfamiliar to most, but Izuku recognised it. He turned around, only to be slightly shocked.

What he saw was a very skinny man with brown skin and black hair, whom he knew was from Mexico, wearing a fiery expression. Next to him was a man with brown skin, long brown hair, and a stoic expression.

Izuku knew both of these men, for he had faced them before. They were both boxers, but they had an additional martial art that built upon their style. The former used capoeira, while the latter used Muay Thai.

These men were none other than Carlos Medel and Gaolang Wongsawat, the two he asked to train the girls.

Izuku looked at them both in shock, which did not go unnoticed by Medel as he said.

"Hey, Champion, you look like you've seen a ghost." With a teasing voice. Izuku sighed upon hearing this, as he said.

"As skinny as you are, that wouldn't be too far off." With a calm voice. Medel grinned upon hearing this, as he grabbed Izuku by the collar and said.