Chapter 15

Kirishima just stared at the now empty, destroyed, ring in the middle of the stadium. The battle between his teacher and the ice user had been a spectacular thing to observe, but he wasn't focusing on that.

The only thing that he could think of was the fact that Izuku had made Todoroki use his flames. He may have looked angry at Todoroki, but that wasn't the case. Izuku was mad over the fact that Todoroki was suffering while refusing help, and Kirishima could see it as if it was crystal clear.

There were more things that bothered him, one was Izuku's backstory. His own teacher had suffered so terribly, yet he didn't share it with him. Kirishima knew that his teacher kept it secret in order to protect him... But the red haired boy couldn't shake the feeling that Izuku, his teacher and best friend, didn't trust him enough to share his past...

"I don't get it..." Sero suddenly exclaimed, which caught Kirishima's attention.

"Midoriya was clearly the superior in this match, he overwhelmed Todoroki even though he had given himself a handicap. He had many windows to end the match, so why didn't he do it?" Sero then continued, voice showing how confused he was. The rest of the class had listened in on this, and only a handful understood what was happening.

"Midoriya wasn't fighting Todoroki." Kirishima answered, his voice being calm. Everyone, except for Rachel, looked at him confused, so he continued.

"He noticed that Todoroki was struggling with something, and he couldn't let that slide. He wasn't fighting Todoroki, he was helping him.... Just like he helped me..." Kirishima continued.

Everyone in class was shocked after hearing this. Most had thought that Todoroki wasn't using his fire because of arrogance or fear, they didn't notice that he was suffering because of it. They also thought that Izuku had prolonged the match out of rage and arrogance, when fighting wasn't even his intention.

At that moment they all realised something, Izuku wasn't like anyone else. If he sees something wrong, he won't pretend that'll go away by itself. He is a hero, through and through.

"That sounds just like him... He has always been someone that can't sit and watch... " Rachel added, her voice being soft as she was smiling...

"A civilian that can't sit back and watch... Where have I heard that one before?" Tokoyami responded, and Rachel froze completely. No one could see her expression, but right now she was panicking... For she had screwed up!...

Class 1-A weren't stupid, they knew what Tokoyami was refering to. They were all shocked to hear it, the fact that any of their classmates had been connected to The Guardian in any way.

At that moment Yaoyorozu had realised something, and voiced her comment.

"This might be a coincidence, but... Did anyone notice the stance that Midoriya had taken before the final clash?" She said, and it made everyone think. Rachel already knew what she was talking about, she had also noticed it, and she was stressing out because of it... Both her and Izuku had screwed up!...

Kirishima started to scratch his chin, as he was shocked. That stance was the signature stance of The Guardian, he would recognise it anywhere. Kirishima had attempted to recreate the stance at some point, but he failed after he realised that there wasn't much he could do other than get hit. Izuku had used the stance like it was nothing, and it looked as if he felt at home with it. Kirishima also had another looming feeling he couldn't shake, that stance suited Izuku.

He felt that whenever Izuku took any stance, from any martial art, he looked completely underwhelming. With this stance, however, he looked impressive. It was as if the stance was a puzzle piece that didn't fit with anyone, except for Izuku.