Chapter 18

All the preparations had been made, every ritual had been practised, and every technique has been honed and sharpened. The arena has been filled, the rules have been set, and the fighters have been prepared.

Doppo Orochi stood on one side of the massive stadium, mentally preparing himself for what was about to go down. The karate master had instantly accepted when he heard that the champion was open for a rematch, so he was just eager to enter the ring.

"You look fired up as always!" A voice called from behind, making the elderly warrior turn around to face it. Standing before him was a young man who was wearing a similar karate robe as himself... Katsumi Orochi...

"Of course I am! I will finally get my revenge!" Doppo said, as he laughed slightly. The younger Orochi laughed a little, before he said.

"You better win old man! I'm coming for you next!" With some determination behind his voice. Doppo only smiled at this, before he returned his gaze back to the ring.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the stadium, Izuku stood and did the same. He was preparing himself, and his body was aching to enter the stage already.

"You look ready." A voice called from behind him, so he turned around to see. It was his mother and father, along with Rachel and Kirishima.

"Yeah, I was born ready!" The green haired boy said, earning a smile from the others.

Rachel was inspecting Izuku's entire body from top to toe, and she was smiling widely. She wasn't using her quirk, but she still liked what she saw.

"What are you drooling about?" Izuku asked, a wide grin across his face. Rachel smiled at him, as she said.

"When was the last time that I saw you dress in the champion's robe?" With a joyous voice. Izuku smiled, as he looked at the robe he was wearing.

It was colored black, made from fine silk, and was very comfortable, with the kanji symbol for champion on his back. Tokugawa had given this to him after winning a certain amount of matches, claiming that this would be his royal attire as the king of fighting. The last time he wore it was almost a year ago, at his last official fight.

"Don't know, but it feels good to be back." Izuku answered, as he placed his hands on his hips. Everyone smiled at him, as he turned his gaze towards Kirishima.

"You may watch the match if you wish, but don't forget to prepare yourself for your own match. That Kaioh is not one to be taken lightly." Izuku said, still smiling. Kirishima smiled back at him, while saying.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on losing today." With a smile of his own. Izuku looked pleased with that response, and so did everyone else.

"ALRIGHT! LET'S GET STARTED!" Annoying mic shouted, and Izuku seriously wondered why he was the one commentating this match. Izuku readied himself once more, before he walked out to the ring.

The stadium was packed, and the crowds were cheering. The two fighters walked into the ring, their hulking figures showing a display of might and power.

Annoying mic began to introduce the fighters, roaring with excitement as he did.

"In one corner we have the Karate master himself. The Tiger Killer, Doppo Orochi!" Before the crowd cheered even louder than before. Annoying mic then turned his introduction to the other fighter.

"In the other corner we have The Champion. The King of Fighting, Izuku Midoriya!" And the crowd proceeded in its loud fashion.

At that moment, both fighters walked to the center of the ring. They stared at each other, until they both smiled.