Chapter 3

It was a great day. The sun was shining beautifully, people were out mingling, and, to my surprise, there was no villain activity.

I was beginning to wonder why. How is it that there have been next to no villainy in this city? Could be the work of the police? Or maybe a hero even?

I contemplated this, as I wandered through the streets. I wasn't in my buff-form, since I didn't want to attract attention. But I couldn't find an answer that made enough sense.

As I walked, I noticed that two students were passing by me. I could hear traces of their conversation, and it peaked my interest.

"Did you hear? The Brawler brought in another villain last night." One of them said, and the other answer with.

"Yeah, he's so cool."

As soon as I heard what they said did I start thinking. Could this Brawler be the reason for the peace? But who is he?

Thinking that I needed an answer, I pulled up my phone and began searching. What I found was that Brawler was a vigilante that had showed up quite recently, with articles that tried to speculate about his true identity. Another thing that was strange was the fact that they didn't know what his quirk was.

I needed more answers, so I dialed up a number. After just two signals did I receive an answer.

"How are you doing Toshinori?" The phone said, to which I answered.

"I'm doing fine. What about you, Naomasa?"

"I'm fine, just drowned in work... So did you need something?" He then asked, trying to get straight to the point.

"Well, it's something strange. It's about the new vigilante that has been showing up." I said, but was interrupted when Naomasa said.

"You mean The Brawler?" With a calm voice. I was shocked that he immediately knew what I was talking about, so I asked.

"How did you know?" With a shocked voice. Naomasa just sighed loudly, then said.

"I've been looking into him recently... I've actually been meaning to call you, regarding him... " With a calm voice. I was still shocked, so I didn't say anything.

"Come meet me at the station." He then said, to which I agreed. I hung up the call, before making my way over to the police station.

. . .

"Ah, Toshinori. Please come in." Naomasa said, as I entered his office and quickly took a seat.

"It must be special if you have been meaning to speak with me about the matter. So, who is this Brawler." I then said, to which Naomasa quickly got to the matter at hand. He pulled out a yellow file, then he handed it to me.

"This is all that we have on him." He said. I was confused at first, but quickly shrugged it off as I grabbed the file. I opened it and was immediately shocked.

The Brawler has only been around for two months, yet he has accomplished a year's worth of hero work. The people he saved, the villains he brought in, the cases he solved, they all exceed what a normal hero could accomplish. Dare I even say that he rivals both me and Endeavour.

I turned my gaze back to Naomasa, shock and awe written across my face.

"How is this even possible?" I asked, letting my expression leak into my voice. Naomasa brought his hands together, as he answered.

"No clue, I guess that he is just that good." With a voice that showed just how little he actually knew. I was shocked, but then he continued to speak.