Chapter 14

"You brought me here, now what?" I asked, my voice being calm. Todoroki looked at me, his eyes filled with nothing but cold intimidation.

His attempt at intimidation didn't get to me, as he then said.

"You overwhelmed me, with just one hand... You made me break the promise that I made a long time ago... To never use my left side... " His voice being as cold as ice.

His words got me thinking, so I looked back into my recollection. For just a brief moment, as he was falling, his left arm lit on fire. It wouldn't have made much of a difference, but it probably could have given him some form of advantage. Had he used his flames he would have disrupted Dark shadow, and that could have compromised my team entirely... But he was adamant on only using his ice, why?

"I'm sure that Iida, maybe the rest of my team, felt the same thing that I did at that moment... Your power. It's greater than All Might, yet it feels like there's more to it than that..." He then said, which earned a look of confusion from me.

"What I'm trying to say is that you're awfully similar to him, even stronger... And I don't buy it... " He then continued, and I got even more confused.

"You don't buy what?" I asked, and Todoroki quickly answered.

"I don't believe you... I don't believe that you're quirkless... And I believe that you're All Might's secret love child... " He said, and I was just still and silent for God knows how long.

"Did you get a brain freeze during the cavalry battle, or were you born that way... Because that has to easily be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I then said, but Todoroki wasn't bothered by it in the slightest.

"Todoroki, All Might and I are friends, were NOT related in any way!... And if I'm not quirkless, then I'm a goddamned potato!" I said, slightly annoyed. Todoroki hadn't changed his expression at all, then he said.

"Potato or not, you still have a connection with All Might."

I calmed down when I heard this, for I wondered where he was taking this conversation. He then raised his left hand to his face, as he asked.

"Have you ever heard about quirk marriages?" With the same tone. Once again, he sounded ridiculous in my ears. He doesn't know about my history as both a fighter and vigilante, but knowing about quirk marriages is almost common sense... It's basically the modern term for selective breeding!

"Yeah, I'm not braindead." I answered, not afraid to show my annoyance. Todoroki was a stone wall, as he began speaking.

He told me everything. How his father, Endeavour, used his fortune and status to marry a woman with an ice quirk. How his father struggled to be number one, and pushed that frustration and agenda onto his children. How they were abused by Endeavor, and his mother scarred his face with boiling water.

I was shocked by this, because it was awful. I knew that Endeavour was a horrible excuse of a man, I gathered that much when I encountered him as The Guardian, but this was a whole new level.

Family, that is a sacred word, without it we're weak and pathetic. A man who can't save and protect his own family is no man at all, that is what I believe... And it ended up being my downfall...

I was alone after my mother died, and I had a lot of pent up emotions. I used those emotions as fuel for my fire, and I trained to death everyday. Then, shortly after I dawned the armor for the first time, I wasn't alone. A man and a woman, and the two kids they already had, took me in and treated me as their own. I was happy with them, but after the tragedy that made me disown The Guardian... I distanced myself. I couldn't stop myself from keeping a little contact with them every now and then, but I didn't want to ruin what they had. I didn't want them to fall apart... Like me and my real mom...