Chapter Seven Finally Becoming happy

(Katherine's pov)

I have been so for the past few days yeah I know me happy funny but no I have been the happiest girl in the world since I called Mateo.

Just hearing his voice makes me happy and at peace, because I know he cares about me now your probably thinking, wow this girl is in love and maybe I am I have no shame in it but dont I deserve to be in love?

Everything would be perfect if my dad just disappeared out of my life but not all dreams can come true despite what Disney tries to convince you there's not always a happily ever after I mean think about the Titanic Jack had to die and there was defiantly enough space on that ship but what I'm trying to say is that not everything has a happy ending.

Especially if you're me but that's not going to stop me from being happy right now because I have Mateo and today I have a whole with him at school. Speaking of school I should probably get dressed I think to myself as I look at my closet and find this cute matching red top and skirt with a red headband.

As soon as I put it on I felt like the modern Blair Waldorf which wasn't the look I was going for but it was okay because I looked cute and I felt it too.

But before I go to school I pick up my bible and thank god for bringing Mateo into my life because I wouldn't be this happy without him. But enough of that it's time for me to go to school.

As I arrive at school I see Mateo but he didn't look that same and I dont mean he looked bad because I think that's impossible for him to do but what I mean is he had a different look in his eyes a look of desire but before I could find out what that desire was he turns to me and asks me what I'm doing tomorrow.

I find that weird that he would have any interest in what I was doing but I didn't care how weird it was because he did have interest so I told him that I would probably get breakfast and go to the gym by eight o'clock and he smiled and said Katherine I think your perfect the way you are why would you want to go to the gym.

I was in shock so I avoided the question and look down at the ground. And he switched the subject because he knew I was uncomfortable.

I wasn't use to people considering or caring about my feelings and I dont think I will be used to it anytime soon that's just the way I am and I have my dad to thank for it. But that's beside the point I think to myself as I walk with Mateo to class.

And before I knew it the day was almost over I guess the saying time flies by when you're having fun is true.