Coming Home? Pt. 2

TW: I don't even know. Just watch out whenever you read any of my books. I know there's probably something.  

"Alright, well, I'm going to take one in the morning. Night," He said, kissing me and then heading off to his dorm. Tae came out of the bathroom a few minutes later, and I relaxed as I let the warm water wash over me. It's been a long day.

That morning, I woke up at five, as usual and got ready for the day. Alex was up making breakfast in the small kitchenette. I sat down at the small table as the smell wafted through the room.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Eggs, bacon and some sausage I found. Figured Tae's first morning should be a good one," he said, and I agreed. Speaking of the devil, she walked out a couple minutes later, already dressed.

"What are you doing up so early?" Alex questioned.

"I always got up at 4:45, so sleeping in is quite a feat. Got any coffee?" she sat down next to me at the table. Alex poured her a cup of coffee and put some french vanilla creamer in.

"You seem like a creamer girl," he shrugged.

"Thanks, this is perfect," she sighed. John joined us after taking his pain meds.

"How are you feeling?" Tae asked.

"Oh, you know, like a normal person should after getting stabbed, infected, and having stitches," he said sarcastically.

"I still don't remember you getting stabbed," Tae remarked, "how's it looking?"

"Well it's not as purple as yesterday and it's stitched up, so better," John said, sitting down with a cup of coffee, no creamer. You could tell these two were made to be siblings, biological or not. We sat and chatted about the past few years, just the four of us until six o'clock rolled around and everyone else got up. Clint kissed me on the forehead and grabbed his coffee and eggs, and then the kitchenette was abuzz with everyone chatting. Alex's phone rang and he shushed everyone. I subconsciously grabbed Clint's hand when his face turned white.

"Yes ma'am. We know. There have been, uh, emergency, um, family matters that we have had to attend to. Please cover for us?" he stuttered. "Okay. Thanks so much, Mrs. Martha. Bye," he hung up and we all let out a breath.

"That was our boss's wife, Boss wants to send out a search team to look for us. But she's gonna cover for us, she knows family is important-"

"Why do y'all never say his name?" Tae blurted.

"Because it's confidential," I said.

"And I care about confidentiality when? I'm literally living at work with my Aunt, it's fine,"

"Mr. Washington has family ties in this group that we aren't fond of talking about because it brings a lot of dark memories for some of us," I really hoped she took the hint before Alex got upset. He was very sensitive around the topic 'family'. Tae nodded her head in understanding. Laf and Adrienne left after they had been talking to themselves, saying they were going to watch a movie.

"I know how that feels..." she muttered. Eliza grabbed Alex's arm and his face hardened.

"How could you possibly know?" Alex scoffed.

"Oh, just that my mother died from poisoning, my father was arrested for the crime. John's parents had disowned him a few months before that. So we moved to New York," Tae admitted.

"I'm so sorry," Alex said. He looked like he felt bad. Tae smiled at him. Alex's phone lit up with a text from Martha. He read it out loud.

"George is coming up to check on your rooms after he finishes a couple of papers. He's extremely upset," he read. We all looked at each other and knew we had to leave. We couldn't talk to him, for whatever reason.