Saving Alex

POV Tae

"If you want to see Alexander Hamilton again, you will give us the information we want," Clint read, staring at his phone in disbelief.

It was a good thing we were the only ones at the pool when Clint told us what happened. Laf passed out. Eliza screamed. Angelica and Peggy turned white, and Adrienne was frozen. John and Aunt Nat were seemingly unaffected. I hugged Eliza as she cried. Alex was kidnapped? It couldn't be.

"We need to call Martha and George. We need to arrange a search party. We need to-" I cut a rambling Laf, who had woken up now, off.

"No," I said simply. I was thinking, but my logic made sense. They looked at me like I was nuts. Aunt Natasha cocked her head curiously.

"What do you mean?" Eliza asked through the tears.

"Think about it. You said that Martha would have full permission to be worried if we weren't back tomorrow morning. She'll catch on and alert George carefully so that he doesn't do something irrational. You know Alex won't spill, so if they can't get information from him, they'll kill him. We are smart. Our time will be better spent looking for him ourselves, and Martha can handle George. John and I can help tonight," I explained. They caught on to what I was saying.

"I think Tae is right," Aunt Nat said.

"Aunt Nat, would you be able to trace back that number?" I ask.

"Already on it kid,"

"Alright. Clint and Aunt Nat can work on the technical stuff. John, you and I will go with Eliza and Peggy to search for Alex. Laf, Angelica, and Adrienne, you try to search the other part of the city. Meet back at the hotel in two hours, and keep in contact," I assigned everyone their jobs and they changed into spy uniforms once we got back to our rooms. I pulled on black clothes I had and put my hair in a high ponytail. It was time to kick into high gear.

We hopped in Eliza's car and John drove to the first building that Aunt Nat suggested based on the location of the number. I grabbed a gun from Peggy as we headed into the building. Splitting up into groups of two, Peggy and Eliza took the first floor, and John and I the second. When we went into the second room, I was not expecting what I found. I screamed while John and I both snapped pictures. There was a chair with cut ropes like someone had been tied up, and there was a knife next to it. Closer inspection revealed fresh blood on the ropes and chair. Eliza and Peggy came running, and a shattering scream escaped Eliza as she sunk to the floor.

There was a note on the floor that I snatched up.

To whom it may concern,

Alexander Hamilton has been captured. If you thought that you'd find him, you're a little too late. Signed, the captured himself.

The corner of the paper was printed with a bloody fingerprint, and when Peggy scanned it, it was Alex's fingerprint, made in blood. I reported this to Aunt Natasha and she gave us another location that she had movement on.

We tried what felt like all of the city before having to head back to the hotel. Eliza had hope that someone else had found something more comforting but no one had. We tried to sleep, but we were all too paranoid to sleep and were trying to comfort ourselves. Laf and Eliza were hysterical, and the rest of us were just exhausted and tired.

We stayed up all night, and half an hour past seven that next morning, we received a worried text from Martha. However, we were too busy looking for Alex.

POV Natasha

We tried all of the spots that the number traced back to. Everywhere was a failure. It was like they knew where we planned to look. After recounting the events John and Tae told us, we knew we had to find Alex as quick as possible. Then I received a phone call from Mrs. Washington.

"Hello? Natasha Romanoff speaking," I said.

"Natasha, where are you guys? I swear- do you know what kind of emotional state we are in?" I could only imagine her expression.

"Well we told you to be worried if we weren't back by now..." I tried to sugar coat what was happening.

"Oh my gosh, are you guys all okay? What's going on?" I sighed. There was no easy way to tell her this.

"Well, you see, Martha, Alex has been... he's been kidnapped. We've been looking for him all morning. What we've found... has not been pretty. He's in a load of trouble," the phone was silent before I heard her scream and she hung up. We continued looking for Alex.