From My Point of View

POV Mr. Washington

I tried to work on the papers in front of me. I was stressed and everything just seemed blurry. My heart clenched every time I thought about my most elite spies. I missed them. I was worried about them. I hadn't heard from them since their last mission, that is, until Martha came in with that look on her face.

"George, honey, there's something you need to see," she said sadly. She handed me 8 papers, all the same format, but with 8 different names. There were 8 submitted forms for leave of absences, from the group I was trying to contact. I immediately felt sick.

"George, it might be best to just leave them alone. Maybe they just need some time. They could have something going on that they just need to deal with," she said, trying to comfort me. But I was too anxious. All the signs were there. Dangerous mission. Then they disappeared. Now they all submit legal absence forms? Something had happened to my kids, and it was all my fault. I had sent them on the mission. My body trembled. This couldn't be happening.

"Honey, it'll be okay. I'm sure that they're fine," Martha tried again.

"Martha, is there something you know that I don't?" I questioned. She blushed and backed away.

"N-no, I just, um, had a notion. You know, motherly institution," she stammered. She went to walk out of the room but I grabbed her waist and set her on my desk in front of me so she had to look at me. Every time I forget how beautiful she is. She doesn't look trashy, she looks like the confident and capable woman that I know and love. But then she used that to her advantage, leaning in to kiss me.

"I'm sure they're fine," she whispered, and I nodded. There was no way to resist her. She was my Martha. She kissed my forehead and then returned to her office next door, but I couldn't stop worrying about my kids. Biologically, they weren't mine. But I loved them more than anything. I sighed and spent the next two hours trying to be productive, and failing. I finally gave up and walked to Martha's office.

"George? Are you alright?" She asked, thoughtful as always.

"To be honest, no. I'm trying to work but I just can't stop worrying about the kids. They're so young Martha, there's so much they have yet to learn. They're too young for this to happen to them," I sobbed, and she pulled me into a hug, sitting down in a chair that was huge.

"George do you remember when you first took me on a vacation?" She said. I groaned.

"Martha, is now really the best time to be making fun of me?" I whined. She laughed. She had the most gorgeous laugh. It made me think of Alex.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Yes. How could I forget? I literally forgot to tell your parents that I was taking you on a vacation. They thought I kidnapped you!" I chuckled. As if I would ever hurt her.

"Yeah, and when we got back, you explained everything, and now they love you," I was starting to see where she was going with the story now.

"See, everything was fine when my parents thought the worst. They thought they had just handed me off to some kidnapper, and then we came back after a relaxing vacation and let them know everything was okay. I am sure the kids will be fine,"

"Martha can we just go to bed now?" I was tired. Martha and I rarely ever went to bed at the same time anymore. She nodded and kissed my cheek before heading down the hall. I went back and closed my office door, locking everything safely inside. When I finally crawled in bed, Martha cuddled up next to me in her silk pajamas, her body bringing an unmatched warmth. She nestled her head in the crook of my neck, leaving a soft kiss on my collar bone, and I buried my face in her hair.

"Martha?" I asked.

"Yes George?" She hummed against my neck.

"You know I love you right?" She looked up at me.

"George you are my favorite person in the world," she smiled and kissed me. She had the softest lip, and I swear I melted every time they touched my skin.

"Good. You're my favorite person too," I said, kissing her back.

"You are such a flirt," she playfully rolled her eyes and went to sleep, as did I.

The next morning I woke up and watched Martha sleep for a little bit. It was about six when we rolled over and got up, much to my disappointment. I could've stayed there all day. It was much safer than my office, which brought worries about my kids. Who were out there, all alone. Granted, there were eight of them and they were almost fully trained spies, but still.

"George, come on. You have to get up and go to work. I will not allow you to become depressed," Martha ordered. I groaned. I really didn't want to get up.

"Martha, I don't want to get up. I don't wanna leave the bed until this nightmare is over," I whined.

"Come on, you can't just lay in bed all day. That's not good for you emotionally," she encouraged. I knew she was right, but I still didn't want to listen.

"I don't feel good. I'm taking a sick day," I sounded like a little kid. She sighed.

"George, get up. Now," I rolled over and dragged myself to the bathroom. Today was straight up gonna suck. 

A/N: How is everyone? I'm gonna put out THREE chapters today!