I Still Have A Job!

POV Tae

We wandered around the city with a purpose, scouting out anyone on the hit list for their job. I was in charge of all phone calls and texts for Aunt Nat. A contact with the name 'Mrs. Washington' was calling and I handed it to Nat. When she hung up, the group looked expectantly at her.

"Mrs. Washington says that George is extremely distraught and really wants us home," she said ashamedly.

"Why won't you guys go back? He obviously misses you. I may not know what's going on, but I can tell that you guys mean a lot to him," I said. I was genuinely confused. This man obviously cared about these people, what were they so afraid of?

"The thing is, he doesn't know about you and John, and we kinda left work without telling anyone anything. He hasn't seen us since our last mission and we're in really big trouble," Aunt Natasha said.

"I don't think so. I think he's really worried about you guys. He cares a lot about you," I shook my head. How could they not see that?

"That's why we can't go back," Alex said.

"Actually, when he sent us after you, he was really frantic and worried. C'mon guys, you know how he is," Angelica countered.

"I just can't handle him being disappointed in us right now. That's the last thing I can handle," Alex looked down, angry at himself it seemed.

"Then let's just grab a hotel room, take a few days leave, and we can rest and figure out our emotions," Clint suggested. We all agreed.

"Alex babe, let's go get a hotel room and then you can draft up our leaves of absences. Does that sound good?" Eliza asked. He nodded as we hopped in our cars and drove to the hotel. Everyone went to sleep almost immediately, except for John and I. Then we too decided to curl up and sleep. John and I stayed in a room with Clint and Aunt Nat, whom I assumed were dating. Angelica and Peggy had their room, and then Alex, Eliza, Laf, and Adrienne were in a third across the hall. I made John take the bed because of his side and I slept on a loveseat in the room. 

A/N: Since this is a very, very, very short chapter (I apologize), I will probably publish two or three chapters today. Have fun y'all!