The Café Meeting

POV Natasha 

We left Tae and John at the hotel and went to go meet Mrs. Washington at a café that Alex had picked so he could get a coffee. We didn't want to tell her about Tae but decided that we should let her know that we were okay. I ordered a vanilla frap and sat down as Mrs. Washington walked in. Her face lit up when she saw us, and she hugged us all.

"How are you kids?" she asked, smiling.

"We're fine. Exhausted, but fine," Eliza answered.

"We have missed you guys," Adrienne said.

"George and I have missed you too," she said sweetly, "what happened?"

"Well, after the last mission, we just needed a break. There has been some emotional baggage that we are all trying to deal with, and we needed to disappear. We needed to just take some time and relax, that way we are able to do our jobs," Alex said. He wasn't lying, technically.

"You all know you could have come to us. George has been so worried about you guys," we all looked down in shame before I piped in.

"We know, but please, don't tell him anything. We just need a couple more days and then we'll come back," I begged.

"Well you could at least tell him you were okay," it was more like she was asking why we couldn't tell him.

"It- it's easier to not know where someone is than to know they're out there and yet you can't see them," Alex said sadly. Eliza slipped her arm around him comfortingly. I agreed with that statement.

"I know that may not be the same, but trust me, we've learned from experience," Laf said. She nodded in understanding.

"Alright, well I'll keep your secret, but promise that you'll return after your vacation time. If you guys don't, I'm worried what George might do. Not only to try and find you, but I'm worried about what he might do to himself. He- he's not been taking care of himself and been very anxious," she warned, and there was an overwhelming statement in the air that we all knew what she meant. He might hurt himself. Laf and Alex cringed. They loved him like a father; he had taken them under his wings when they immigrated to America and were on their own.

"We promise, if we aren't home when our vacation time is up, that you will have every right to be worried. Otherwise, you can expect us home in two days sometime in the evening," Alex sincerely promised.

"Okay, well I'm going to go back before George gets worried. I didn't exactly tell him I was leaving, and I'll keep it that way. I love you guys, and be safe," she said, standing up and giving us all hugs before leaving. Alexander was clearly upset, as was Laf and they headed off, their wives close behind. Clint and I headed back to the hotel with Angie and Peggy to go see how John's side was. I was informed that he was at the hospital last night. Everyone split off for the afternoon.

The last days of our vacation passed quickly, and we were enjoying our last evening of freedom before having to face our boss. We had decided that we would go in that morning and introduce Tae and John to him. I was sure he would love them. Alex had decided to go grab dinner while we hung out at the pool. Except Eliza was freaking out because he'd been gone an hour to get dinner that was a block away.

"Eliza, I'm sure he's fine. You know how New York is, crazy busy," Angie said. I nodded.

"Yeah, I bet he'll be back any time. They probably messed up the orders or something. Don't worry," I said, trying to comfort her.

"I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about this," she said, looking towards the door. A few minutes later, Laf, Clint, and I all received a message from the same unknown number. I was just in time to grab him before he fell over the edge of the pool and drowned.

A/N: Hi. Welcome to this embarrassingly short chapter. I'll be posting another within the minutes. Love you guys and girls!