Chapter 2

Andy is that?..." Maya whispered to her friend who was standing next to her "yes" Andy said, her face pale like she just saw a ghost "oh shit" maya said quietly looking between Andy and their new captain who was looking directly at her friend.

'What the hell is he doing here?' Andy thought to herself. So many thoughts were running around in Andy's head but mostly she thought about Maddie.

It never accrued to her he'll be back to Seattle and even more back in her life. What is she gonna tell him? What is she gonna tell Maddie? Should she even tell him? He hurt her so much and she'll never let him do that again and never let him near her daughter cause if he meet her and then leave again her little four year old wouldn't be the same. And Andy will blame herself for it.

"Well as chief Ripley here said, I'm Robert Sullivan. I worked in Montana as a lieutenant and before that here in Seattle at station 88" Robert said now looking back and forth between Andy who looked like she was gonna puke and the rest of the team. "I called Sullivan here cause I saw a need in station 19 and I couldn't think of someone better then him" Ripley interrupted before Robert could say something more.

"Now you know me, let's start with names so I could know you and then you'll be dismissed" Robert said and walked towards the line starting his round in the opposite side from Andy.

"Ben warren"
"Victoria Hughes"
"Lieutenant Jack Gibson"
"Dean Miller"
"Maya bishop"
The team introduced themselves and Robert shook each of their hands. standing in front of Andy she couldn't look up to his eyes so she kept her head down looking at his shoes instead.

She was so distracted she didn't notice it was her turn but after a few seconds she heard Robert coughing and said "lieutenant Andrea Herrera" Andy was still looking down "sir" she added and shook his hand for a short second.

"Nice to meat you lieutenant Herrera" Robert had a small smile on his face saying her name after such a long time. When he said Herrera with that rolling r Andy finally looked up. Their gazes locked immediately and neither of them could look away until Maya hit Andy with her elbow gently trying to get her attention off of the new captain who was also her ex boyfriend and the father of her child.

"You're dismissed" Robert said looking at Andy one last time before turning around and leaving with Ripley to the captain's office.

"What was that about?" Jack asked Andy when the two men were behind a closed door.
"What was what about?" She acted confused even thought she knew ecstasy what he was talking about. "It seemed like you tried to kill him with your look... do you know him or something?" Jack explained himself and the others were waiting for Andy's answer.

"What? No I don't. I just umm..." she needed to find an excuse, quickly. "I wanted the job so bad.. it sucks it's an outsider instead" she lies through her teeth. "Yeah... I get it" Jack replied and Andy knew he bought it. Later every member of the team where somewhere else around the firehouse.

Andy was about to go in the shower when an aid car call came in. 'Great' she thought to herself, Maya was on aid car with ear so they could talk about the Robert situation.

She quickly ran down the stairs only to find Robert sitting in the passenger sit and not her best friend.

Andy, confused got in the driver sit and pulled off the barn. An awkward silent filled the air in the car until Andy opened her mouth "what are you doing here?"

He turned his head to her direction but she still was looking at the road "I switched with bishop" he said simply.

Andy started to get really annoying "no. I mean, what are you doing here? In Seattle." She clarified herself.