Chapter 20

"Never again" he promised her and caught her lips in his to seal the promise for one more time before going to enjoy that special day with their daughter.

Two days later, both Andy and Robert were on shift. Maddie asked to come with them to work as she knew they were going to tell her uncles and aunties they are getting married.

Robert called a line up in the burn and five minutes later everyone from A shift was there. Well, everyone except Andy. She was with Maddie in Robert's office waiting for him to start and give assignments. Then they'll do their big announcements.

"And lastly, Montgomery, you're with Herrera on aid car." Robert finished.

"Yeah... where is Herrera though?" He questioned and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh yeah I'll call her she's in my office with Maddie" he looked back to the barn door's direction and called Andy's name.

When she heard Maddie was at the station Maya quickly got concerned "why is Maddie here? Is she sick? Did something happen?" Robert chuckled at her "what a second we'll explain everything in a moment".

Just as he spoke Maddie came into the barn running straight to her father and jumping up to his open arms. Andy was just a few steps behind her "Maddie you can't ran like that in the barn. We've talked about it!" She said.

"Sorry mommy... I just got excited"

The whole team looked at the five year old in awe "what were you so excited about Maddie?" Vic was the one to ask, trying to get information about the weird situation.

Andy found her place right next to Robert and he put the arm that wasn't holding Maddie around her shoulders bringing her closer.

While Maya and Vic just smiled to themselves knowing the pair were together each and every one of the boys had the most shocked look on their faces.

When Ben saw the girls just smiling he figured they already knew "you knew?" He laughed uncontrollably "ummm yes... Andy is my best friend" Maya said. "She told me when she was drunk. But I'll take it as a compliment because none of you knew" Vic giggled.

"Okay so now you all know that Robert and I are together. But what none of you know is that..." she thought for a moment that decided it would be best to do it in a different way "Maddie you wanna tell them?"

A huge smile spread across her face in a second as she nodded her head "my mommy and daddy are getting married!" She said the happiness and excitement clear in her voice.

The team were rather shocked but still happy for their friend and captain. Seeing the now surprised face maya and Vic both had the guys knew that didn't know about the engagement.

"Say Andy's your best friend all you want. You still found out with the rest of up" jack said laughing at maya who punched his arm playfully "shut up"

"I'm so happy for you Andy!" Vic said as she went up and hugged Andy. "I'm gonna have to talk to you later though..".

"About?" Andy asked as she pulled away from the hug. "I'll tell you later" Vic replied and went back to stand with the others.

After everyone congratulated the couple, made some comments about the upcoming wedding and made it clear they were happy for them they all went up to the beanery and took Maddie with them while Andy and Robert went to his office to talk for a second.

At the moment he closed the door behind him Andy jumped on him and hugged him tightly. Her legs around his waist and her hands around his neck.

Him, surprised got a little off balance but quickly got it back and hugged her back.

She pulled her head out of the crock of his neck and kissed him passionately. Pouring all her love to the man to that sweet kiss. The need of air became too much and they pulled away smiling at each other. Robert hadn't put Andy down in the floor yet.