Chapter 19

There wasn't a need to say those three words. He knew that, she knew it. They felt these words so deeply so saying it out loud wouldn't do much. But they said it anyway.

"I love you"

"I love you too. So much"

If you would have asked Andy this question a few years ago she would be sure of her answer.

She didn't want to get married.

She wanted a relationship, yes. But she never saw the need of people to define their relationship like that. You can spend a forever with the person you love without calling them your husband or wife. She felt like it's just ruining relationships. It wasn't her thing.

But now, things have changed. And if you'd ask her this question she wouldn't be so sure of her answer anymore.

She always thought she will never be a mother, but there she is, a mother to a perfect five year old she loves with her while being.

She thought she wouldn't see Robert again when he left to Montana all those years ago. But there they were, together, happy and stronger than ever.

It's been months since they got back together after the thing with Julie. And they were happier than ever.

Today was Maddie's fifth birthday. The first one she's gonna celebrate with her father. She's been talking about this for weeks. She was so excited for her presents and the party.

It was an early morning, Robert and Andy worked hard last night to bake the perfect birthday cake for their not so much a baby anymore. Even though she will always be their baby. It's just that she was five now.

After they finally finished the cake, they organized her presents on the counter and hang a "Happy Birthday" sign.

Then they took a shower together, just to save time of course... and went to bed. Even though they didn't get much sleep that night.

Andy woke up to see Robert watching her sleeping.

"Stop it it's weird" she said half asleep and rolled over, turning her back to him.

"But you're so cute when you sleep" he chuckled and packed her temple.

"I'm not. I probably look like a mess after last night..." she finally opened her eyes.

"Taking about last night... you'd probably wanna put some clothes on because she's gonna come every minute" he nuzzled into her neck.

"Oh shit" Andy quickly got out of the bed and got dressed with some pajama shorts and Robert's shirt. She crawled back into bed and laid down on top of Robert who was already dressed with a pair of joggers.

He wrapped his arms around her placing his hands in her lower back.

"I can't believe she's five!!" She sighed and buried her face in the crock of Robert's neck.

"She's growing up fast huh? Sometimes I feel like I just met her a few days ago for the first time..." he kissed her head softly and she smiled a small smile.

"I can't believe that was 11 months ago" she replied to him.

Then there was a cnock on the door.
"Since when she's knocking?"

"I asked her to knock on the door before she comes in when I tucked her in last night"

"You planned for that to happen didn't you?"