Chapter 14

They sat in a comfortable silent for about 45 minutes when one of the residents, Dr. Schmitt came towards them.

Andy and Robert both stood up to hear what he have to say.

"Hello. Are you Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan?"

Any thoughts about correcting him but she kind of liked the sound of that, plus all she wanted was to hear what's going on with Maddie and she didn't want to waste any time.

"Yes" Andy said and Robert looked down at her a little surprised, he expected her to correct him and say they weren't married but she didn't and he liked it.

"Would you come with me please?"

Suddenly both of them got nervous. It was a routine surgery, why wouldn't he tell them right there?

"Just tell us please" Robert said a little more aggressively then her tended to.

"You sure you don't wanna go somewhere more private?" Schmit asked them.

"Yes. Please it's out baby girl.. did something happened?" Tears we're welling up in Andy's eyes.

"No nothing happened. She's out of surgery and they just brought her to recovery"

Andy and Robert let out a breath they held all this time since they saw him coming to them.

"Oh my... thank god" Robert pulled andy into a hug.

When they pulled away a moment later andy asked "if everything is okay why did you ask us to go somewhere private?" 

"That's what D.r. Grey told us to do..."

"I meant you should do it if the patient didn't make it Schmitt!" Meredith came behind him.

"You almost gave me a heart attack" Andy let out a chuckle "well technically-"

Schmitt started but he was cut off by Meredith "just just up and go".

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh my god... sorry about that" Meredith chuckled.

"It's fine.. rookies right?" Andy waved her hand canceling Meredith sorry.

"Yeah... anyways, I'll take you to her room she should be waking up any minute now"

"Yes thank you" Robert said.

The couple followed the doctors for a few minutes until they got to Maddie's room.

She was just starting to make up and mumbled things asking for her mother "mama? Mama?" She said repeatedly.

Andy let go of Robert's hand and rushed to the bed Robert only a step behind her, "baby I'm here, mommy and daddy are right here" Robert put one arm around Andy's shoulder giving it a little squeeze.

"Mommy?" Maddie's eyes started to stir and soon enough she was awake and talking.

-

"So the hope is that tomorrow morning you'll be able to go home. She was a super hero! Her surgery went perfectly." Karev said.

"That's great. Thank you so much!" Robert said and shook his hand. "Of course!" He replies and went out the room leaving the family alone.

"How do you feel baby?" Andy asked Maddie as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Fine" she replied.

"Just fine? What happened? does something hurt?" Andy asked worried.

"No"