Chapter 15

But this... it felt weird. And wrong. And he couldn't explain why... so he just drove home.

Thinking about a hundred ways to tell Andy about this and a million possible ways it can go. None of them was good enough.

Since the minute Andy had picked Maddie up from school she noticed she was being way more quiet than usual. She hasn't said a word when they left the school or when they got into the car.

Andy didn't think of it much but when she asked Maddie if she wanted to go get icecream and she said no an uneasy feeling creeped it's way to Andy.

"Maddie is everything okay? You never say no to icecream..." she looked at her four year old through the car mirror.

"Yes I just wanna go home" Maddie said looking out the window.

"Okay.." Andy knew her daughter. Something was wrong, but she didn't know what.

"If anything happened you can tell me you know that right?"

"Yes mommy" She replied shortly.

Maddie was a lot like Andy. She didn't always want to tell people what was going on in her head, she didn't like to share much and her stubbornness was just as bad as her mother.

Andy was well aware of that fact so she knew to let it go for now and not push to much. She'll talk when she's ready. Hopefully it'll be soon.

When they got home Andy helped the little girl out of the car and when they walked into the house Maddie just headed to her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

She was home all day and she had another day off tomorrow. Then she'll go back to work. But Robert was at the station for a couple more hours and she wanted to let him know of what was going on with Maddie.

She called Robert, hoping he was in his office and not out on a call.

It didn't take him long to pick up the phone.

Andy: "hey.."

Robert: "babe what's going on?" He could hear in her voice something was off.

Andy: "something's up with Maddie. I picked her up and she hasn't said a word and than said no to icecream. When we got home she went straight to her room."

Robert: "that's not like her... have you tried asking her what happened?"

Andy: "yes but she said nothing. I obviously don't believe her but I don't wanna push so I'll try again later."

Robert: "yeah that sounds good"

Andy: "when your shift ends? I miss you..." her voice was soft.

Robert: "you saw me this morning" he let a small chuckle out.

Andy: "still I miss you."

Robert: "well I miss you too. My shift is suppose to end at 18:00 but l mushy stay a little longer. I have a lot of paper work to catch up on since I was gone for a week." He hated that he was laying to her but he didn't know what Julie wanted yet and didn't want to make her worry for no reason.

Andy: "oh... well I'm gonna go try talk to Maddie again"

Robert: "okay. I love you I'll see you later"

Andy: "I love you too."

With that they ended the call and Andy decided to go check on Maddie.

She opened the door slowly hoping to see her daughter playing or something but instead she was laying in her bed, covered with the blanket and facing the wall.