Chapter 18

They stayed lite that for a while. Andy had already drifted off to sleep but Robert couldn't. Not just because it was the middle if the day. It was mostly because he missed the addicting feeling of the woman he loved sleeping in his arms and he didn't want to let that go. To let her go.

A few hours later Andy woke up to an empty bed. She was much more sober now and her head was throbbing.

The amount of alcohol she drank definitely didn't do much good. She remembered a blurry memory of Robert helping her into bed.
So she was a little surprised not to see him there when she woke up.

After some time she couldn't go back to sleep so she just decided to get out of bed. When she did she saw a note on the dresser

'Went to pick Maddie up. See you when I get back, there's coffee for you downstairs'

She smiled a little to herself. He was so cute and thoughtful, always doing everything to help and make things easier on her. She didn't let this feeling last long though, soon enough she reminded herself how she was mad at him and hurt.

She sat in the living room and drank the cup of coffee Robert made for her when he came home with Maddie.

"Mommy!" She called and ran towards Andy who was quick to put the mug she had in her hands down.

Maddie jumped into her moms hands "I missed you" she said as Andy hugged her tightly. "I missed you too" Andy kissed the top of the four year old head.

"How was your day at school baby girl?" Andy smiled at her daughter.

"It was good! I played with Lana and Sophia all day"

"Sounds like you had a lot of fan huh?" Andy chuckled as the girl nodded in response smiling from ear to ear.

Andy loves seeing Maddie smile. It warms her heart every time, knowing her baby was well and happy.

She raised her alone for four years and moments like these made her feel like she did a good job. Maddie is a great kid overall, doesn't make a lot of trouble, usually listens to what she's asked and told and most of the time she was happy so it always made Andy feel like she didn't mess her up, making her live without a father for the first years of her life.

"Hey princess, why don't you go to your room and play a little and I'll come to play with you when I'm done talking to mommy yeah?"

Andy looked back to Robert, confused look in her face.

Without saying anything the four year old jumps off of Andy's lap and runs you the stairs to her room.

"We we're having a moment!" Andy said with grumpiness. Robert shook his head a little laughing to him self. "You'll have many more moments with her I promise."

"I need to talk to you" he said as he walked to the couch. He sat on in, with a safe place between him and Andy, big enough so she has her space and doesn't feel like he's forcing her to stay there and talk to him but small enough so she feels his closeness and he can reach for her if he wanted.

"About?" She rolled her eyes at him, clearing the point she was mad at him for sending Maddie to her room while she was with her.

"Julie and the baby" he looks down to the ground.

"Oh I've heard enough about Julie and the baby..." she gets up but doesn't get the chance to walk away because he's quick to grab her wrist.

He's not holding her tightly, she could easily shake his hand off of her if she wanted to. But did she?

His touch was brief, light and soft. And she missed that kind of touch from him. She hasn't felt if for the past month after all.

So she lingered there for a moment, thinking wether she should stay and listen to what he has to say or go to her daughter.