Fifty-Five: The Brazil Fiasco

[Art for Erika by @/darbytheduck13 on Instagram! Darby was kind enough to allow me to include their OC in INoA, so please show her some love on Insta!}

        "I know, it just happens sometimes," I explain to Salvador, picking our things off of the luggage carousel with Heavy and Pilot. "Things like that are normal when you work in this business."

"I know," he drones.

Pilot continues. "If me own school was under a defensive class-level threat, I'd hope they close it down, mate."

"I KNOW!" He gets frustrated with Pilot, and I tap his arm to let him know I don't appreciate it.

"Team is only trying to help," Heavy says. Salvador and Heavy look at each other. The former then crosses his arms with a huff.

"You're just telling me things I already know," he groans.

He rolls his eyes, and I shove his duffel bag in his hands. "And be nice. This is serious stuff, Salvador. All of us have to be on the same page since I could lose my life for bringing you here. I could've left you back home with Leo since Mrs. DeGroot can't take care of you while she's in Scotland. You were going to leave the states regardless unless you wanted to go to stay with Jeremy's family in Boston?" He stops looking at me. "Or Dell's family in Texas?"

"I get it, I get it," he sulks, messing with the dog tags around his neck. I was right, they made him a scout. It hurts seeing them on him.

"I don't tolerate bratty, boy. If you want to roll your eyes and gripe about me, at least go do it over there with Tav and Samia where I can't hear." He stands still before I hear his flip flops angrily flip and flop on over to the rest of the team while his new metal chain clinks with each step, Confetti yipping quietly as she watches him arrive. I shake my head. "Sorry."

"Don't sweat it, Love. Raising teenagers is more than a spot difficult," Pilot checks the tag on a bag and pulls it off. "I think that's all. Where's the bloody rest of the team?"

"They come now," Heavy says, watching everyone who's not Demo, Samia, Priyanka, and Cashew come down the escalator in beachy wear. A lot of them are wearing something similar to what they did in Florida to accommodate for the heat, Engie sporting a Mann Co. baseball cap this time around instead of his cowboy hat. As a novelty, Sniper put on a hat that Pyro gave him in exchange for wearing his slouch hat. It's a cap that looks like a duck, and I think it's just so absolutely adorably cute how stupid Sniper looks with it on. He grinned at me real big, and I got a pleasant laugh about it with Alpha and Spy. They make their way over to the stockpile of baggage we've accumulated, Heavy scratching his head as he looks at Neuro. "What happened?"

"Jane's backpack started beeping and then it was Pyro's which meant the rest of us started beeping and-" Alpha puts her hands on her hips and stares down a group of women who stare at her back, "it was just a clusterfuck of 'why is this in your bag?' 'What purpose do you have carrying a whip?' Like, c'mon, dude, you don't know what we do in our free time and I don't think you'd wanna find out, but I'd be glad to show you if you so badly wanna know."

"And then I--" Miss Campbell starts, but I snort once and chuckle under my breath as face away from them to contain my mirth. "And then I showed them my TF ID and we got past just fine."

Scout hums. "Carol, don't make us sound like freaks."

She tilts her head to the side. "You didn't hit on me the entire flight over, and now you're not laughing at my jokes? I'm starting to get offended."