'I don't do formal'

(Outfit on my polyvore- ashleighokee & the song is Ellie Goulding love me like you do (you'll understand what i mean later in the chapter))

Zoe's POV

I hissed in pain as I attempted to draw a straight line of eyeliner over my bruised black eye. 

"Fuck sake" I huffed and threw it on the table. I put my head in my hands and groaned when I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"It's me" It was Michael. Without me answering he just came in then walked straight over.

"Hey, hey! What's up?" He asked and sat me down on his lap.

"I look awful...My make up wont go right, I can't do my eyeliner and I just look ugly" I ran a hand through my hair.

"You look perfect...Like everyday...Perfect" He smiled and I shook my head.

"Are you sure?" I looked in the mirror at my appearance. I had stitches on my right eyebrow,some cuts on my lip and a black eye. Michael looked worse though. We're going to be stared at so much when we walk in.

"I'm sure" He said then kissed my cheek "We've only got a few more months left of school I think" He said and we both stood up.

"We leave this month Michael" I rolled my eyes then began to fix his uniform.

"Zoe, stop!" He tried to stop me from making him look smarter.

"I'm just trying to make you look smart!" I laughed "You should gel your hair down again" I smirked.

"How do you know about that?" He said.

"Daren showed me a picture of you when you was 15" I laughed and he pulled my closer then slapped my butt.

"Let's go" He said and we walked downstairs.

I picked up my lunch and a breakfast bar so I could eat it in the car.

"Ellie, your first day is tomorrow" I said to her "If you want you can watch films in my room or go on my laptop" I said and she nodded. I kissed my mum bye then walked to Michael's car. 

As usual it smells like smoke which always turns my nose up even though i've been in his car plenty of times.

*
*
*

We pulled up at school and I took a deep breath before stepping out. I put the hood of my jacket up even though it wasn't raining. It was actually quite hot but I wanted to hide the bruises and the state my arms were in. Michael put on his sun glasses then grabbed my hand and we walked into school.

Everyone was staring but I tried my very best to ignore it and get on with what I had to do.

"Prom? Are they having a laugh?" Michael laughed looking at the posters that were scattered about the school hallway.

"No why? I've been looking forward to prom for ages!" I said and read the poster.

"Well you can count me out of that party" He rolled his eyes and I felt kind of hurt.

"Oh...Well I guess i'll just sit at home prom night" I sighed. I've always been looking forward to prom, its been my dream to wear a dress and have all my photos taken.

"You can go" He said "I don't do formal" He added.

"I don't really fancy going by myself" I mumbled and he groaned.

"Fine! I'll go! Don't expect a full blown tux!" He gave in and I jumped up and down in excitement.

"Oh god! I'm going to start looking for dresses now!" I smiled.