Late night help.

(Mikey is 17 in this and so is Zoe and the other characters)

Zoe's POV

"Zoe! Your late!" My dad yelled walking to the door in full police uniform. I saw all his other police co-workers were here to.

"I was with a friend" I said putting my jacket on the hook.

"Smoking!!" He raised his voice.

"No! We was doing a school project!" I yelled back.

"We have action from Michael Clifford again" Steve who works with my dad said.

"Michael Clifford?" I asked.

"Lil rat if you ask us! Doesn't matter how much help we give that kid! He always throws it back in our faces"! He exclaimed.

"Some people just can't be help Zoe" My dad said.

"That's a bit harsh" I said. Mikes a friend, i'm not going to let him be spoke about like this.

"Well I hate the kid!" My dad added.

"Hates a strong word" I muttered.

"Zoe, we've offered that kid counseling,housing,a family to live with but he rejects all of it! No wonder he's swung off the rails" He rolled his eyes "Your not telling me you think he's nice are you?" He raised a eyebrow.

"I don't know who he is" I lied.

"Its best that way" He said "Night Zoe. I'm going to the station early tomorrow since its my Saturday shift" He told me. Its been such a busy week i've lost track of the days.

My dad and his co-worker left the house leaving me with just my mum an my brother upstairs. 

"Mum i'm going to bed" I said to her while she done her paperwork.

"Zoe, you know something about this Michael boy don't you?" She knows me way to well.

"He's a good friend" I said honestly.

"More then a friend?" She dug deeper.

"We nearly kissed" I covered my face as I felt myself go bright red.

"Zoe, if there ever comes a time were your dad is going to do something to Michael. Your to tell me and i'll sort it out" She told me.

"Okay, I will" I sighed and ran to bed. I finally got out of my uniform,throwing it all in the washing basket I put on my oversized flannel. I took out my contact lenses and put my thick glasses on. I wiped all my make-up off and got into bed. I yelled night to my brother then put my phone on charged. I cuddled into my warm thick blankets trying to not think about Michael. He's over powering my thoughts and I wish he wouldn't.

*

*

*

An annoying sound echo'ed throughout my room, it wasn't my alarm because its a Saturday. I saw that my phone was flashing so I picked it up thinking it might be a different time. I saw it was 3am and Michael was calling me.

"Hello?" I spoke in a groggy voice.

"Zoe I need help!" He sounded like he was running.

"From what? Where are you? Do you realize the time?!" I asked him all these questions.

"Can I just come to yours! Please Zoe!" He begged.

"Okay" I sighed "Use the window, I have a ladder attached so climb that" I added.

"Thank you!" He said and hung up.

I got out if the warm sheets and walked to open the window. Once it was open the cold breeze hit me, I shivered at the cold air hitting my bare skin. I walked to my mirror and fixed my hair. I put on my glasses and turned the light on, I sprayed myself so I didn't smell disgusting. While I waited for him I pulled out my Harry Potter and the half blood prince book so I could finally finish it.