The Chase

Zoes POV

After Michaels visit but fast exit I decided to get a little sleep. I looked at the clock which said it was 8:26am, everyone in my family was awake. Joe was on the phone to whoever and mum was making breakfast. Just as my eyes began to roll and sleep finally took over my phone ring. I groaned but answered it anyway. Once I saw the caller ID it said it was Alfie who is my best friend.

"Hey" I said in a groggy tone.

"Hey, I was on the phone to Joe earlier. I was wondering are you up for going out for dinner later for my birthday?" He asked.

"Erm...Sure. I'll get ready then leave with Joe later" I said slowly becoming more awake.

"Okay cool" He said then hung up.

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom where I saw Micheal's bag. He must of quickly put it in there before he left. I looked at it contemplating opening it or not. I locked the door to make sure no one came in. I knelt down to the bag and held onto the zip when I realized this is a invasion of privacy so I picked it up and put it in a draw in my wardrobe so no one would find it. Once I made sure it was covered I then went for a shower to refresh. I smell of cigarettes from last night, I done the usual after my refreshing shower. I brushed my teeth, blow dried my hair, done my make-up then picked out my outfit. I decided to wear a floral crop top, acid wash jeans and white timberland boots. I picked up my white bag and my leather jacket. I put all my things in my bag, purse,gum,keys,phone,my book and some perfume which I sprayed before putting it in my bag. By the time I was finished it was 12pm so I should probably head downstairs. I quickly ran down the stairs and into the kitchen were my mum was kissing a man....Which wasn't my dad.

"Mum?" I cleared my throat.

She pushed the man off her and looked at me with a smile across her face.

"Sweat heart...I thought you was asleep." She tried to change the subject.

"I have Alfies meal to go to" I stood there watching as the man slowly walked away from my mum.

"Who's he?" I asked my mum.

"Your dads friend" She looked ashamed "Please don't tell him...I've been so lonely,he never gives me attention anymore, he's so rude to me now I guess I was just craving attention" She sighed but held onto the mans hand.

"I won't tell him" I said "But you have to promise me one thing" I told her.

"What?" She asked.

"You don't tell dad about mine and Micheal's friendship, that he came round at 3am and that we've kissed!" I made a deal.

"Okay hun. Thank you" She said and I rolled my eyes. I picked up a slice of toast that was on the rack then met Joe outside.

*

*

*

We got to the restaurant and took our seats. I was sitting across from Troye and next to me was Dan. The others were scattered about.

"So Zoe, what's it like having Michael as a partner with this project?" Troye asked.

"Oh yeah hows that going?" Marcus asked.

"Must be shit...He does no work, no note taking. He probably sits and watches you the whole time" Alfie laughed.

"Actually, he done most of the work the other night. He's actually quite smart" Lately all i've been doing is defending him. I shouldn't care as much as I do.

They all looked at me like I was mad and lying.

We finished are meals then chipped into paying. It didn't come to that much mainly because are friend Phil works here and gave us a discount.