Help for the scum

Zoes POV

I honestly wasn't in the mood for school. I wasn't in the mood for anything. After last nights performance I just sat in my room with Joe.

Of course I have to go downstairs to have breakfast which is where my asshole dad is.

I showered,straightened my hair then done my make-up. After perfecting my eyeliner I put on my uniform then sprayed myself with perfume. I picked up my bag and put all my things in then I went downstairs.

When I walked into the kitchen everything was awkwardly silent, all you could hear was the sips of tea people were making and Joe angrily smashing his spoon to his bowl. I picked up the cereal that was ready for me to put the milk in then stood up and ate it. The only seat left was next to my dad, I hate being in the same room as him let alone right next to each other.

"Sweet heart, why don't you sit down?" My dad said and looked at the chair. I ignored him and continued eating.

Everyone still remained silent but then my phone went off and I had a text.

'Mike x'

'I'm round the corner, come out when you can x'

"I'm going" I said then walked to the kitchen door.

"Joe how about you walk with you sister?" My dad said clearly not trusting me.

"I'm getting a lift with Caspar" Joe mumbled.

"Bye" I said then ran out the door. Everyone is clearly in a bad mood after last night but trust me if killing wasn't illegal I would of killed someone by now....Well I have but that was for a different reason.

I walked around the corner of the street and Michael was leaning against his car with a cigarette hanging from his lips. He had so many cuts and bruises,way more then what my dad gave him.

"What happened to you face?" I asked.

"Well your dad did throw my onto a pavement" He said.

"Sorry about that...It all kicked off after" I sighed. I hate what my dad has caused, why can't he just see that Michael isn't as bad as people make out? Joe thinks he's nice,my mum likes him and I love him? You can't love a monster and my dad is making him out to be a monster.

"Well we should get to school..." He said then walked around and got in the car.

He began to drive and whatever music he listens to was playing.

"Shit...I forgot my lunch" I swore realizing I left basically half of what I needed today at home because I was so keen to get out.

"Right...We'll stop at the shop" He said and pulled up at the little shop.

We both got out and walked in. I picked up a pasta pot and a drink when I heard something kick off.

I turned around thinking it was Michael but I couldn't see.

"It's not me this time" Michael said lifting his hands up in defense.

I walked to see what was happening and it was the shop keeper yelling at a school boy.

"I didn't do anything" The boy said calmly.

"What do you call this then!" The man yelled and pulled the boys bag off then emptied it on the counter.

All that fell out was the odd pen and what i'm guessing what he tried to steal. All it was was a tin a beans and spaghetti.

"Poor kid...We should do something" I said. The boy looked desperate.