27.

"Alright shut the fuck up everyone. He's almost here" I shout to the room full of awaiting guests.

As I look around the room, it looks better than I could have ever thought. Everyone really came together to surprise Saxon. It was extremely obvious how much he meant to everyone here.

Everyone in the room gathered around the door so they would be in sight as soon as the doors opened.

"Louis! He's here" Tyrell calls from the window shutter seeing the engine lights arriving.

We all gather in position and wait for the doors to open.

The suspense is absolutely killing me. How long does it bloody take to walk from the car to the door?

"SURPRISE!!!" The entire room sings in tune as soon as Saxon steps foot in the door. And I can see by the look on his face he had absolutely no clue at all. The look of shock he held on his face made the most heartfelt warming grin spread across my face.

I watch him intensely make his way around the room, greeting his guests, thanking them and being offered drink after drink. Being the subject of every toast offering the room had.'

"Did you organise all of this?" he teases as he makes his way finally over to me, pushing his way through the swarms of people.

"Maybe. Maybe not, I guess you will never know" I reply sarcastically as he wraps his arms tightly around me.

He smelt good.

Has he always smelt this good?

"I heard you cheeky little thing" his fingers dig and wiggle into my side, sending shockwaves through my body.

"Are you surprised?" I ask.

He looks over at me with a smile I knew would be captured in my brain for a very long time. "I am Louis".

Throughout the party, I seem to stay in one position by the jukebox, downing beer after beer, finding myself watching Saxon. I found watching him in this environment fascinating and I could help but have Tyrell's comment this morning playing on me. Watching him interact with people and how they react to his jokes and the way he made people laugh, it was really like watching a king work wonders on his kingdom, and something told me that just being the guest of honour had nothing to do with how people were toward him. He seem to have his control over people. But they adored him, they didn't fear him and that sort of leadership I was foreign to.

I didn't realise I was starring until everything in the room seem to freeze around him the minute our eyes met. Like everything else faded away and all that was left was the two of us.

Why did he look different? Why was I feeling different?

Did his hair always fall across his face like that?