Chapter 36

Sana's PoV

It's been a week since we moved in with Sidharth. He has been a sweetheart to his son as well as me. He would give his undivided attention to either of us. He would be home earlier than usual, I know this because one of the house maids, Maria, has become too talkative around me. She told me how Sid has changed in this week.
Yesterday we had a surprise visit by dad, he was mesmerized to see me and his grandson with us. He was damn hurt from me but after a few hours of non stop explanations he understood only on one condition that Saransh will be living with him for a few days. Saransh was excited to go and live with him as he had heard a lot about his grandad all through his life, he always wished to spend some time with him and so when got a chance he accepted it wholeheartedly.
John, dad's chauffeur took Saransh an hour ago with a bag pack for a few days.

I don't know what's happening around us, he didn't talk to me about the marriage again. He would spend time with me casually, not talking about our past.
I was tired of the charade he has been pulling, I have been thinking alot about his words from the last week. As a mother, my heart forces me to just marry him without much ado, but as a woman, a woman who has been hurt a multiple of times by the bastard himself just wanna go back to my normal life with my Saransh. I know loving him is not my choice, I love him more than anything, but I love myself too. My conscience doesn't allow me to fall for his charms ever again.

I have been in deep thoughts when a click sound brought me out of it. I snapped at the door to find him walking in casually. He glanced at me, his face brightening up, "You are looking cute with that pout of yours" he mumbled, loosening his tie. "Thank you, dinner?" I asked, not wanting to show him that his complement gave me happiness.
He nodded, "Dad called me, he told me about Saransh at his place. I am glad he is getting along with us so well." He said, sitting across me. I smiled nonchalantly. "He loves you all. He knew about dad from the very beginning. He had seen him in pictures. He was very ecstatic to finally meet him." I whispered, softly. He smiled, "I was thinking about Boston High School, it's one of the best of New York. Saransh would love it"

"School? Sid, he goes to the best school there. I think I didn't agree to marry you yet" I cut him off mid-sentence. His eyes turned stoic, the smile from his face vanished as if it was never there, his fist clenched, "you still want to fight this. I won't let him live without us" he snapped at me. I gulped seeing his anger filled eyes, "I can't leave London, Sid. I have worked really hard to get there. I...I don't think it would be wise to leave everything behind." I said, trying to reason with him.

"It's ok. You are not gonna leave behind anything. I will move to London with both of you. I have a few set ups in London too. It would be fine, Jay and Karan will handle New York. I am fine in either way" Sid said nonchalantly.
My eyes widened at his words, he would actually leave behind his life for us, he would come and live with us? I was staring at him with tears of happiness, "Do you love me?" I asked before I could stop myself. He gave me a look, I couldn't understand the feelings that it beheld within.
"I used to love you, Sana. But now. I just can't promise you anything. Sushant being your boyfriend when you were with my son, makes me go crazy" he said, his eyes turning blood shot red.
"I can understand. But. I won't regret being with Sushant. He was never my boyfriend rather a friend, the best friend I ever had. We were never together. It was to let his mom believe, all the lies were cooked up for her dying mother. She was suffering from Cancer, she wanted Sushant to settle before she died and so we were getting married. Bu..t she died a month before our wedding. Soon we broke off, Sushant was suffering from severe depression at that time, no one knew. He never told any of us. He killed himself, a few days later, leaving a suicide note for me" I smiled with teary eyes, a sob left me. Sid gave me a sad look, "why didn't you ever tell me?" he said. I shrugged, "you never asked. You never allowed me to be near you either. I know what I did was heinous thing to do. What my dad did, was not appropriate, what Sushant's dad did was not called for, but we have suffered a lot because of that. I am sorry for the hurt."

Without a warning I was engulfed in a hug, a tight warming hug, I smiled timidly, when he kissed the side of my head, "Marry me. ? We will make it go easy. We will be one happy family together as we should be" he whispered.
I smiled nodding ever so lightly, still unsure of what was I doing. I wanted to be with him forever but I still can't forget what he did to me. I still can't live with the fact that he once hated me so much that I couldn't contact him.

"I need some time" I whispered my voice sounded unsure of my own words. His lips turned in a curve answering "take all your time."

******
Hope you all liked it..
Everything out in the simplest way.
No more drama
Realistic 🤩

Epilogue to Go..

Love You, guys❤️❤️
******