Chapter 3: Learning Experience

You slowly arose from your slumber, a splitting headache running through you, accompanied by dull throbbing pain from both your arms. What the hell had happened?

Then it came back to you. "I walked into Castle Dimitrescu while running from Lycans." You mentally punched yourself. But if that were the case, why weren't you dead? Drained of blood and tossed aside.

You took in your surroundings. Stone brick walls surrounding you, a single staircase directly ahead that was closed off by a steel gate. There were bandages around both your arms from where you were stabbed, a dressing hugging the wound on your neck.

"At least they were nice enough to keep me from bleeding out." You thought with a mental eye roll. You struggled up to your feet, nearly falling over as your balance was off, but you steadied yourself using the wall.

Your knife was missing from your belt and you didn't remember if you had lost it back in the dining room or when you met Lady Dimitrescu. Not that it mattered. A tiny little knife wasn't going to help you against three sickle wielding, sadistic vampire girls.

Walking towards the gate, you could see a keyhole on the left of the metal. While I was an obvious assumption that it'd be locked, you thought it'd be worth a try to open it and extended a hand out. You gave a firm tug on the cold steel, and to your surprise the gate slowly creaked open, stopping against the inside wall.

You just stood there for a minute, jaw open by an inch as you tried to wrap your head around how they had forgotten to lock you in. Maybe you had a chance of escaping. That being if they forgot to lock the front door, too. Then again it wasn't locked the first time around.

You silently snuck up the stairs, peeking out into the room above. It was another hallway that connected to only one other room. You followed the corridor with baited breath, afraid that one wrong move would cause every resident of the castle to come crashing down onto you, which it very well could.

Upon reaching the next door, you pushed it open quietly, finding yourself now in a large kitchen. You almost had a heart attack as you saw movement inside the room. Instead of a 9 foot woman or a sadist vampire standing in front of you, a maid walked back and forth, moving items into different cupboards and drawers.

"Hey." You called to her quietly, walking into the kitchen as you hoped the woman would be able to help you. "Surely they hate them, right? They're forced to work for them."

The maid turned to you in shock, not expecting someone to be there. After she realised it was just another human, she seemed to calm down.

"You're the man Lady Dimitrescu's daughters found, right?" She asked, ignoring her work for the moment. Her hands were held together in a polite fashion, as if she was specifically told to try look proper.

"Yeah. The name's (Y/N)." You greeted, glad to have found someone who was actually sane.

"Lady Cassandra said you'd come through here. She told me to give you a message." The maiden said with a nervous expression, knowing what was going to happen wasn't good. In your mind, you were thinking the exact same thing. By process of elimination you assumed Cassandra was the black haired sister.

"What message?" You asked warily, glancing at the knife block on the counter, wondering if it was worth it to take one for self defence.

"'Run'." The maid answered, looking at him in slight fear. She knew what was going to happen. She'd seen it happen to other maidens. Your eyes widened at her statement, deciding to heed the message and run towards another door. But not before snatching a small knife from the counter.

"Be careful." The maid called out from behind you as you entered into an open room. The place looked similar to the main hall, mainly because of the staircase in the middle. You dashed up the steps, trying to keep from making too much noise while doing so.