Chapter 5: The Library

3rd Person

(Y/N) looked across the room to find the source of the voice, finding none other than the youngest sister stood in the corner with a smirk. A chill ran over him as the woman approached, fresh blood on her face after feeding.

"Your heartbeat is so loud. Don't tell me I'm scarier than Bela." Daniela slid herself onto the mattress, laying down identical to (Y/N) just mere inches to his side. His breath froze for a couple seconds as she leant forward to rest her head on his shoulder.

"Daniela, I don't-" He tried to speak but was stopped as the redhead slid a finger over his lips, silencing him. She trailed her jaw across his face, leaving a trail of blood before stopping with her face directly in front of him.

"That's 'Lady Daniela' to you, pet." She corrected, baring her fangs as she began to gently bite on his bottom lip, causing a whine of discomfort from her prey. She eventually backed off before she could cut open any more wounds, examining the scared male below her.

"I overheard you talking about books, little one." She began and sat back, a curious glint in her eyes as she watched (Y/N) nod nervously. He wasn't going to test this girl, not unless he wanted a chunk of his flesh missing, along with a pint of blood.

"I was curious about what books you had in the castle." (Y/N) squeaked, trying to avoid eye contact with the much stronger woman. Daniela only laughed in response, swinging off the bed before grabbing him by the arm and pulling him with her.

(Y/N) yelped as he was dragged to his feet by the redhead, clinging onto her to steady himself. Daniela's smile only increased as she felt him hold onto her, only releasing his grip once he realised his mistake. The girl walked towards the previously slammed door, reopening it with a twist of her wrist.

"Come now, cutie. I'll show you to the library." She offered with a wink. (Y/N) was reluctant to go with her, in fear that she may have just been lying and wanted to lead him into a trap or something.

Out of the three, Daniela was the one he knew the least about so far. She could be as dark as Cassandra or as tolerant as Bela. He felt like he was about to walk into the den of a succubus, but even so, he stepped forward. Better to agree to something that could end good rather than disagree and have things end bad for sure.

"Good choice." Daniela chuckled, walking out the door with him following just behind her like a dog following its owner. He held his tongue, not speaking unless spoken to. Though, just because his body language showed obedience, that didn't stop his mind from thinking about all the possible ways to escape.

When the two reached the library, (Y/N) was somewhat amazed by the many shelves of novels and tales. It was the most he'd ever seen in a long while. His eyes roamed the countless book covers, his body on autopilot as he explored the room.

"Quite a selection, isn't there?" Daniela said as she followed behind him, wondering which books he would actually be interested in. Perhaps they'd have a common liking for some. "Our family has collected hundreds and thousands of these over the years."

(Y/N) retrieved a thick book from one of the shelves, turning it in his hand to read the cover. A Vampire's Love.

"See something you like?" Daniela peeked her head over his shoulder to look at the book, too.