Chapter 4: Too Comfortable

For the second time now, you woke up on the dungeons floor. The big difference from last time being the increased pain that seemed to throb from every nerve in your body.

"Oh, you're awake." A quiet voice said from beside you. You turned your head, seeing the maiden from the kitchen knelt down beside you with medical supplies beside her. Looking over yourself, there were bandages covering most the large gashes and bandaids protecting the smaller ones.

"You're the one who's been patching my wounds?" You asked, your throat feeling dry from a lack of fluids. You'd kill to get a soda around here. Even just water. The maiden nodded to you as she reached behind her, grabbing something before pulling it forward.

She placed a glass of water and a piece of what you assumed to be Italian bread. "You've probably not eaten in a while." She offered the bread to you first. You slowly pulled yourself into a seated position, groaning as you tried to avoid worsening wounds.

You took the bread from her hand with a grateful expression, holding it in one while you took the water with the other. As much as you wanted to just gulp down the H2O, you only sipped, pausing to take a bite of bread.

"You're lucky to have run into Lady Cassandra and survived. She cut you up pretty bad." The maid looked over you with sympathy. You eyed her midway through eating, wondering if she was even allowed to be down here talking with you.

"I've seen worse." You said with a dull ache now in your chest as you recalled the many villagers you'd seen scarred or slaughtered by Lycans. The maid nodded in agreement, having also seen worse injuries on the other maidens.

"What's your name?" You questioned, resting the bread down along with your arm.

"June." The woman answered with a surprised expression. She must not get many people asking or caring for who she was. Especially in a place like this.

"Thank you, June." You said meekly, consuming the rest of the water she had brought, then the bread. June gave a small smile, forcing you to do the same. Maybe this wasn't so bad if you had a friend. Then those good thoughts hit a wall as buzzing started to approach the cellar.

Right on queue, a swarm of flies flew down the stairs and through the metal bars, forming into one of the three sisters.

"You." Bela's blonde locks shook slightly as she appeared. Her hand was outstretched, pointed at you. "Come here." Her facial expression was difficult to read. You couldn't tell if she was just looking stern or if she was mad.

June stood up, stepping away from you and partially bowing her head. Bela glanced at her, only then showing a hint of anger before she turned back to you. At the moment you really couldn't be bothered with fighting. You just got to your feet, wincing at the sting from your wounds as you took one step forward.

"Do I have to?" You questioned. The blonde's eyes narrowed in response, clearly unhappy with the question.

"Would you rather I drag you? I personally would, but I thought I'd be nice and give you a choice." She said with a threatening glare. How dare you take her generosity for granted.

"L-Lady Bela. I don't think that (Y/N) is currently in the best of shape to-" June held her head down as she tried to help you out by being on your side. But her words were brought to a halt as a hand gripped her throat, Bela pulling her closer so she could get up close with the fury in her eyes.

"Do you forget your place, maiden?" Bela increased the pressure of her choke, cutting off the poor girl's airways. "Remember this: you are replaceable. I could crush your throat and not one problem would arise."