Chapter 12: Lady's Chambers

A/N: this is not me making a comeback to this story, I just happened to write another chapter after re-reading this. Would absolutely love to keep updating this though, just can't give any of you a timeframe. Hope you like this, though!

"Cassandra?" Her name sounded distant at first as the woman clawed through her thoughts. Memories and dreams swished past her eyes for what felt like hours, all the while that same voice kept calling her name.

There were flashes of her sisters, both good times and bad. There were images of her mother swirling beside them, reminding her of the times she had been praised by Alcina. Lastly, she watched as the sight of (Y/N) melded between them, his resilient yet amusing little expression making her snort. "Cassandra..."

The voice called to her again, making her turn away from all those memories. She stared into the void of her mind where her name was coming from, watching as an odd beam of light began to pierce towards her. She began to slowly move towards it, curiosity rising as the brightness began to spread outwards, engulfing the darkness around her.

"Cassandra!"

Her eyes shot open, revealing the face of her mother hovering over her. She blinked a few times before focusing on her, confusion beginning to fill her as she awoke. "Mother?"

Alcina sighed a breath of relief the moment Cassandra awoke, making room for her other two daughters to peer at their sibling from their mother's sides. Cassandra furrowed her brows, looking between the three then scanning the room.

She was laid in bed, the covers pulled up to her shoulders. Her family were sat atop it with a mixture of worry, amusement and relief. She was back in her bedroom? Wait- What the hell happened? "What's... what's going on?" Cassandra said warily, her usual sadistic tone absent thanks to her shock.

"You're asking us?" Daniela raised an eyebrow, almost chuckling at the stupidity. "We should be asking you that, Cass. You're the one mother found unconscious in the library."

At that mention, the memories came flooding back to Cassandra. The library... The cold... (Y/N)...

Bolting up in the bed, Cassandra clutched at her head as she sting of an ache made itself known. "Ow..." She muttered more from the annoyance than pain.

Alcina stood from the bed, adjusting her hat as it began to tilt. "I've order the maidens to bring you refreshments to ease the pain. When I found you, you were cold to the touch." She began, only to reach down and lift something from the bed. She revealed it to Cassandra, showing it was a t-shirt; one of (Y/N)'s. "And you were wearing this."

"The man-thing's shirt?" All three daughters asked simultaneously, their brows furrowed. But after a moment, everyone turned back to Cassandra with quizzical expressions. She looked back at them, unable to form a proper sentence at first.

"I-I don't know how I ended up with that. All I remember is that..." Cassandra trailed off as she thought back, ignoring the very curious looks on her sister's faces. "I found him at the other end of the castle, so I chased him to the east. But... when I attacked him I missed and shattered one of the windows." She spoke the entire thing with an aura of humiliation. Admitting that to her mother was one thing, but with her sisters there too?

"So... you nearly killed yourself?" Daniela spoke with a raised eyebrow, struggling to hide how amusing the story was. But as her mother clicked her fingers and stared at her in a warning, she quickly apologised and went back to listening.

"I probably would've died, but... that damn man-thing... he dragged me into the library and stayed with me until I warmed up. I must've passed out at some point." Cassandra finished, falling back down into bed and clutching at her head in disappointment. Not only did she screw up that bad, but she was saved by her own prey. She didn't want to know what her mother thought of her for that.