Chapter 7: Bargaining

A/N: These chapters have been left in limbo for a while now as I've been unsure about actually publishing this book. But just be aware that updates will be slower after about chapter 11 since from there on out they won't be prewritten.

"Cassandra, wait-" You began. The brunette only cut you off, placing her sickle up against the bottom of your jaw as you swallowed the lump in your throat.

"I have to admit, you're a good hider. I almost gave up looking for the night." Cassandra said with a smirk, pushing you to the side with her arm. You tripped as you reared backwards, grabbing the counter to stabilise yourself as the sadist followed you.

"Let me string you up, slice your jugular, and just watch." She swept her sickle forward, grazing your hand as you tried to recoil further away. "I want to hear you scream, man-thing."

"I'd rather not at this hour." You responded, looking at the knife block atop the island, still missing a knife from the last time you'd taken one. Your hand reached out to grab one, only to be cut in one quick strike from Cassandra, making you yelp, holding the wound with your other hand as blood seeped through the incision.

"Mother Miranda... You taste so good." Cassandra slid her lips along the bloodied steel of her weapon, relishing the taste of your blood as you cringed from the feeling of the wound. Though that didn't stop the woman as she swung again, making you duck under the sickle.

It was fight or flight as per usual. With the door closer to her, you weren't getting past her without a skirmish. "I've been able to fight Lycans with just my own strength and a knife. I can do the same with this crazy bitch."

"Oh? Finally decided to fight back, man-thing? I was wondering when you'd make a move." Cassandra said with a devious grin, reaching a hand forward to try grab at you. You snapped your hand around her wrist, expecting to stop her arm's momentum before remembering the inhuman strength the woman possessed.

Cassandra's fingers caught around your neck, squeezing down and forcing a cough from your lungs, much to her delight before throwing you across the kitchen island, sending the knife block clattering to the floor along with your body.

You put a hand over your temple as you laid on your back, trying to wrap your head around what just happened. Though you had little time to do so as Cassandra bounced over the island, too, landing legs and waist first directly on your gut, knocking the wind from you.

"How I love to see men like you beneath me." She struck down at your face with her sickle right as you caught your breath, giving you a split second to whack your hand against the incoming weapon, knocking it from the woman's hands and across the tiled floor.

"That won't save you." Cassandra reached a hand around your throat again, putting small amounts of pressure on it before slowly increasing. Your hands grasped at her wrists, trying to pull her away as her nails dug into your skin and left cuts.

"Can't we talk this throu-" Your voice turned into a failed gasp as Cassandra squeezed down with a playful smile. Killing you wasn't her goal, right? She wouldn't disobey her mother's orders... right?

"You're not so tough, are you?" She snickered, tightening her grip before releasing, then tightening it again as she simply toyed with you. There was no way for you to get away from her. Not with her pinning you down.

Her eyes slowly locked onto one of the fallen knives above your head, thinking as an idea popped into her mind. She released her grip before shuffling forward, her knees holding down your shoulders as she sat mere inches away from your face.

"I want to hear that sweet, sweet voice of yours, (Y/N)" She reached forward and took hold of the knife's handle, unintentionally pressing the bottom of her dress against your face as she did so. Had you not been struggling to breathe from her choking, you'd have probably blushed. You completely skipped over the fact she had just called you by your name.