Chapter 15: The Bath

A/N: Two things. First of all, this song is fire but fuck Wilbur Soot, man. Second of all, holy fuck I did not mean to make this chapter so ridiculously sexual, so I am so god damn sorry if that's not what you're here for, but-but-but I think it's probably going to get WORSE next chapter. Oh, lord. This is why we don't give me writing capabilities when it hits midnight. Oh, god, I'm so sorry for what I have crafted. I promise this was all my inner demons, not me... unless you like it, in which case, fuck them demons, I take all the credit.

"You should keep it." June said, taking you by surprise. You hummed, turning away from the doorway to look back at her. She was holding onto her friend's guitar, the same one you'd just used to play her songs.

"What do you mean? It's your friend's isn't it? I wouldn't want to disrespect her... memory." You weren't sure how to phrase your reluctance. Even if she was still alive, you thought it rude to just take another person's instrument.

June shook her head, coming closer and offering the guitar to you. "You're not disrespecting it, you're keeping it alive. Please. If she was here, she'd want the same."

Before you could even argue, June pushed it into your hand and forced your fist shut. Her hand lingered over yours for a moment, holding just gently onto your knuckles. You looked her in the eyes, your surprise turning into a warm smile. When you first met June, part of you thought she might've been indoctrinated into this house's fucked up shit. You were glad to have another normal person to just talk to.

"Tell you what," You slowly moved her hand away, guiding the guitar back into her grip. She looked at you confused, but you kept your smile, shutting her hand for her and gently patting her cheek. "Hold onto it for me. It gives me more reason to keep visiting, I can play you some other bangers next time. How would you feel about a toned down acoustic version of What Sober Couldn't Say?"

June quickly giggled at you, brushing her hair back behind an ear. If you really squinted, you might've seen a red tint cross her cheeks. "Never heard it before."

"You won't stop hearing it. It's a deal." You bumped your fist against her arm in a friendly gesture, nodding to her as you slowly backed out into the hallway. June gave you a small wave, sad to see you go but knowing all too well that spending so long together put you both in danger.

You wandered off down the hallway, stretching your arms out and sighing contently. This place wasn't too terrible when you weren't being pursued by a-

"Having fun, man-thing?"

Aaaand you spoke too soon.

You whipped to the side once you entered the next corridor, met by the sight of Bela. The blonde was leaning up against the wall in a manner far too casual for these girls. Her hood was down for once, showing off her long locks and blood stained smirk. Just from a glance, you could tell something was up. She wasn't in a neutral mood. No. No, she was pretending like she was, but she was terrible at hiding her true feelings.

"Sneaking into maidens' quarters? You're bold. Or perhaps I should say stupid." Bela stepped off from the wall, eyeing you up slowly with a menacing stare. Aside from the absolute storm of rage, there was some kind of emotion she was hiding, but you were a little too shocked by her sudden appearance to place it.

"Well, actually, I'm (Y/N), but that's a common misconception-" You had slowly been backing away from Bela, an awkward look on your face as you tried to deflect. Unluckily, your foot caught on the rug as you walked backwards so blindly, sending you crashing onto your back with a long 'ow'.

Bela chuckled, licking her sharp teeth and watching you with eyes full of bloodlust. Before you could react, her heel was pressed against your chest, keeping you down as she leant over you. "Did I give you permission to so much as even look at that pathetic maiden?" She hummed at your now wincing face. Okay, now you could place it. That smelled a little like crazed vampire daughter jealousy if you'd ever seen it.