Thirty three

*5 months later*

The restaurant was in full swing. I had all my permits, plans were laid out and interviews for waitresses and chefs and cooks had started.
Eli moved to New York after graduating. He said it would be a new experience and he didn't want to have to be back and forth from Tennessee.
Calum and I got really close. We worked on everything side by side. Peyton helped me come up with a name for the place.
"Célébrer".
It was mainly an inside joke but it was unique and fun.
All the furniture was ordered and Calum and I had just finished painting the whole place together ourselves.
"It's all coming together." I sigh.
"I know. I'm so excited for you! Opening nights only a month away."
I grin at Calum. We sat side by side in the middle of the restaurant.
I hear the door open and look up to see Eli.
"Hey," I smile up at him.
"Hey guys, what's up. I'm just here to finish up afew things. Oh and Julia you got a call from some dress place they said your dresses won't be ready for another few weeks." I nod.
"Thanks E. We're all going out to eat later wanna join us?" Calum gives me a nudge and I roll my eyes at him.
"Sure! Sounds great." Eli smiles at us.
"Great, we'll meet here at 6 then."
"Awesome, see you then." He gives me a nod and heads up the stair case to the upstairs dining area.
"Why did you have to invite him again J?" Calum whines. I roll my eyes.
"He's my friend Calum. We couldn't do this without him. Suck it up." I stand up.
Calum follows my lead and we walk outside.
"I don't know. I don't like that guy." He complains.
"No, really?" I sarcastically say.
Calums phone rings.
He picks it up.
"Hey, Mal.

Mmhmm

Yep.

Okay see you then.
I'll text you.
Bye." He hangs up.
"It was Mali. She wants to meet up with me sometime. She said she got our opening night invite by the way." I nod.
I'd only met Mali once but I thought she was sweet but sassy. Her and Peyton would be best friends.

>>C. H. POV<<

Two week later I meet up with Mali. We walk through Central Park together and catch up.
"Calum. I have something I need say." Mali stops and sits down on the ground.
"Um okay." I give a short laugh and sit across from her.
"What are you doing with your life? You bought your girlfriend a restaurant? That's a big mistake Cal. That's a huge commitment. Are you even ready for that?" She grills me.
"Excuse me? Julia is the love of my life Mali. Of course I bought it for her, it's what makes her happiest, doing what she loves, what's she's passionate about. I'm not afraid of what's going to happen I know we're meant for eachother." I say not willing to budge.
Mali fixes her braid and sighs.
"Are you sure? She could walk out on you at any moment. You're putting your whole life on her. There's a world to see and people to meet. She's pinning you here, you're never going to be able to do anything. She's going to ask you to start working at the restaurant and putting more money into it. This is a bigger commitment then you think Cal."
I just shake my head.
"No, no, no. You've got this all wrong-"
"Do I?" Mali raises her eyebrows at me.
"Come to Europe with me. We can backpack together. It'll be a spontaneous sibling bonding thing. You deserve more than this. Do you really want to be stuck in one place with the same people the rest of your life?"
Mali stands and I stand with her, confused on where I stood with this.
"Just think about it. I leave the 21st. I really hope you come with me Calum. I think you're wasting your time here with her. Do something for yourself. None of this has been about you. Think for yourself for once."
Mali walks away, leaving me in shock and confusion.

~~~
I get back to Julia's apartment and her Peyton and Eli all greet me as I walk in.
"Hey, how was meeting up with Mali?" Julia smiles at me.
"Good. She just wanted to catch up." I say blandly.
We all hang out and chat for awhile then I get up to leave.
"I'll see you guys later, bye."
Julia walks me to the door and steps outside with me.
She gives me a kiss.
"I'm so glad we're in this together." She says quietly, her lips hovering across from mine.
"Yeah I wanted to talk to you about that." I say taking a step back. Julia gives me a weird look.
"I just want you to know that this is it. This is as far as it goes. I won't be super involved in this restaurant thing. I'll support you with it and I'll visit you there but that's it. I don't want to be involved in it too much."
Julia gives a slight laugh.
"Well it's a little late for that. Calum this will always be in our lives. It's my life now. You co-signed a lot of things. You're in this legally too."
"But that's not what I wanted." I groan and run my hand through my hair.
"Okay, okay. We'll work this out later okay?" Julia gives me a small smile.
She pulls me in for a hug.
"I love you." Her voice is muffled against my shirt.
"Love you too." I say into her hair. Then I pull away and walk down the hall.