Twenty two

Luke and I talked back and forth most of the work day. I tried to ignore the small blue mark next to his cheek bone but it was hard when my mind was constantly reminding me what Calum had done to his face.
By the end of the day I think we were somewhat along the terms of friends.
I take a cab home and speed walk into my apartment, hoping Cal wouldn't see ne go inside. I keep the lights off and walk into the kitchen and let the fridge light illuminate my face. In less than 15 minutes there was a knock on my door.
I slowly made my way to the door and opened it.
"Hey, I thought you were coming over after work?" He said with a sloppy smile.
"I didn't get a chance to yet." I shrug and walk back inside, leaving the door open for him to come.
I grab the water pitcher from the fridge and slam it on the counter and grab a glass. I fill it up as Calum just watches me from across the room.
He eventually walks over as I get out supplies to make grill cheese.
"J? What's wrong?"
I shrug.
He gives me a knowing look and I sigh.
"Could you not hover? Please and thanks." I say shoving past him.
"Julia, what's going on? Common, talk to me." He said grabbing my arm but I tug away.
"I don't know, mind telling me? Oh, have you seen Lukes face lately?" I give him a plain face and he rolls his eyes.
"That a$$, what did he tell you?"
"Everything you wouldn't."
"J..."
I sigh. I don't want him to leave again because of a dumb fight he had with Luke.
"Just forget it. I don't care anymore, it's not worth it... Grilled cheese?" I offer, mono toned.
"No, if you want to talk about we should. Now what did Luke tell you?"
He asks and I just shake my head.
"Nothing."
"Julia, we have to be able to talk with each other. If you're upset with me I want you to be able to tell me."
"I'm not upset."
"Liar."
"Possibly."

<<C.H. POV>>

I look at Julia. Her eyebrows were arched and her lips were pursed in a way that made them look tiny. She wouldn't look me in the eye.
I wrap a firm arm around her torso as she squirms and I pick her up and carry her over to the couch. She lets out a huge sigh as I drop her and watches me walk around the couch to sit next to her.
"Okay. Honesty hour. What's going on."

"Nothing Calum! Nothing. I don't want to talk to you about this." She says and then regret flashes over her face.
"What's that supposed to me?" I ask.
"You sound like a moody teenage girl." She says quietly with a small smirk.
"Yeah and you're acting like one." I snap. This is frustrating.
"Why don't you want to talk about this? Do you want me to tell you what happened with me and Luke? Is that it? He said he went to go see you and was bugging into our business. I got mad and swinged and hit his face. I feel sorry about it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"It's not that you didn't tell me, more so that you lied right to my face about it."
"What?" I was utterly confused.
"You said you punched a wall!" She said loudly.
"I did! That's why I wrapped up my hand! Not because I punched Luke!" She just rolled her eyes.
"I put that new CD case over the hole in the wall..." I say quietly. Neither of us say anything for awhile as we collect our thoughts.
"I'm sorry." She says softly after awhile.
"Were you just going to ignore me until you got over it?" I ask
"Maybe."
"Why?"
"I didn't want to lose you." She doesn't look at me, just stares out the window.
I think about her words carefully and wrap my head around it.
"Oh I get it now." I huff.
"So you don't trust me? Huh, is that it?"
"No... I just... I didn't want to hurt your feelings and have you leave me again and..."
"Oh because thats healthy! Have you been honest with me about anything at all so far? Have you just been backed up in a little corner scared that I'll leave? I can't believe this... My own girlfriend doesn't even trust me! You're scared of me, oh my god..." I had gotten up at the beginning of my rant and I was now pacing.
"No it's not like that." Julia objects.
"Then how is it, Julia, what is it like? This is unbelievable..."
"Is it? Is it really?" She speaks up, standing.
"Because last I recall, you were the one with trust issues! You're the one who walked out on me because you were scared! But once I get anxious about something suddenly I'm the awful one?" She says, annoyance in all her features.
"I thought we had moved past that! I made a promise to you! Why would I break that. At least have faith in my promises..." I say. I was honestly hurt.
"I'm sorry..." She says quietly. I just scratch my head and continue pacing.
Julia's phone begins to ring but she declines the call.
"That hurts, J. Really leaves a sting."
"I'm sorry. I promise I will put my full trust in you from now on. And I'll let you know if something's bothering me. I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you. I'll keep my promise if you keep yours." She says in a light and calm tone. Her phone begins to ring again and she glares at it before declining and putting it on silent.
Her face was laced with concern and hope.
All I can manage to do is nod. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.
"Come 'ere," I mumble and we wrap our arms around each other in a hug.
After just standing there and hugging each other for what seemed like forever, I take Julia's face in my hands and we kiss. She rests her hands by my torso and just kiss each other like idiots for no other reason then the fact that I was crazy about her and she had the patience to deal with my craziness.
I just at the sound of a buzzing sound from the counter top and Julia laughs at me.
"I should probably take that..." She says and finally picks up the phone.
"Hello?" She says quietly into the phone with a small smirk still dancing on her lips.
"Awh! What a moment killer..." I whisper and she sticks out her tongue out at me.
"Woah Pey, slow down..." She says and glances over at me before walking into her bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

I hang out on the couch and constantly look down at my phone to check my phone. It had almost been 10 minutes Julia had been on the phone. I wondered who had called. I knew she didn't stay in much contact with anyone, including her family so this might take awhile.
Julia finally bursts through the door and back into the room.
"My sisters coming to town?!" She says in a voice that was a mix between excitement and complete and utter dread.
----------------------------------------------
Hahaga I laugh I laugh

I love updating. It's so fun
Comment
Vote
Read
Thank you all so much:)
//S