Sixteen

I run out of the building and across the street. I storm into my apartment, slamming the door behind me. A lamp tips over and breaks all over the floor. I groan in frustration and swing my arm out, knocking over empty boxes that were stacked up. I just wanted to scream.
I couldn't do this. I obviously liked her, alot. But I couldn't hurt her. Every time I became close with someone I ended up hurting them or hurting myself. People hurt and there's no way to stop it or prevent it besides avoiding it.
I flop on my bed and shove my face in my pillow and try to push the night out of my head.
<<J.A. POV>>
I flop on my bed and shove my face in my pillow and try to push the night out of my head. I had been crying ever since Calum left. I didn't understand what I did wrong. He kissed me first. Maybe I'm a bad kisser or something. No... Maybe he just didn't want to ruin or friendship but he wouldn't talk it out with me. Maybe he'll come around tomorrow.
I sniff and roll on my side and look out my window at the skyline once more before closing my eyes and melting into my dreams.

I wake up for work, forgetting everything that had happened last night. I roll out of bed and pour myself some coffee then look down to see that I'm still wearing Calums sweat shirt. Crap. That's when reality hit me like a tractor trailer and I slumped in my seat. I pull out my phone and text him.

Can we pls talk? I miss my loner:/

I send the message then begin getting ready for the day. I take a quick shower then change into my work clothes and let my hair dry naturally as I do my makeup. I check my phone every 5 minutes even though my phone was on ringer and vibrate. I knew he was up already, he had to be.
I decide to ignore the situation for the day and head off to work. I keep an eye out for Calum but I don't see him. I didn't see him on the way to work, at work, home from work, nothing.
I try to keep my mind off him but it's not working. I didn't understand, what did I do wrong?
Who kisses someone and then storms off like that? Maybe I'm a bad kisser. I mean it's been awhile but not awhile awhile...
I shake my head in frustration and slam my apartment door shut behind me. It had been a long day at work of co-workers avoiding me and thinking about what happened with Calum and replaying it in my head.
I decide to order a pizza for myself so I call the number and sit on my couch and turn on "Friends" as I wait for my pizza. After the first episode is almost over theres a knock on my door and I open it to see the pizza guy standing there.
"Oh my goodness! It smells great thanks so much!" I say opening the box to take a whiff as I walk into the kitchen to get my money that I owed.
I look at the red circles of meat that dotted the slices and turn back towards the guy who gave it to me.
"This is pepperoni, I ordered a Hawaiian?" I say.
The guy groans and scratches the back of his head.
"I knew I got the buildings mixed up!" He said frustrated.
"Do you remember which door number for the other building?" I ask, hopeful.
"Yeah, 312." He replies shaking his head again.
A smile tugs at my face.
"312? Oh I know him, if you pay me for the pizza I can just take it over for him, it'll save you the trouble." I say with a smile.
He looks at me suspiciously then nods in agreement. I pay him for the pizza and thank him and run across the street.

There I was. In front of his door. I was crazy scared of what he would say to me. Maybe he would kiss me again. I just had a gut feeling he would forgive me for whatever I'd done and things would go back to being the same.
I give a firm knock on the door and take a step back.
"Who is it?" I hear Calum yell from the other side of the door.
I make my voice deep and give a grunt.
"Pizza delivery." I say and step to the side of the door so he couldn't see me from the peep hole.
The door swings open and there stands a matted haired, hoodie wearing, worn out looking Calum Hood.
I hold out the pizza.
"Hi..." I say.
He gives me a blank and tired expression for a second before reaching out to take the pizza from me.
"The guy got our buildings confused I just thought I-" I begin to explain when he slams the door in my face.
The tip of my nose grazes the ugly wooden door.
I hold back my tears and pound on the door.
"CALUM! you can't lock me out of you life forever!" I scream with my forehead against the door.
I turn the knob and open his door.
He looks like a deer in headlights looking up at me as he takes a bite of his pepperoni pizza.
I begin to ramble.
"Calum! Calum please, please, I'm sorry for whatever I did I didn't mean to do anything to hurt you or anything and if you want to stay friends I can stay friends that's cool I can do that and-"
Calum walks over to me and I give a small smile.
Before I can comprehend what he's doing, he picks me up and practically swings me over his shoulder.
"Calum? Calum what are you doing? PUT ME DOWN!" I scream and slap my fist again his back.
"PLEASE DON'T CALUM WE NEED TO TALK! STOP!" I screech before he sets me on the ground infront of his door, shutting and locking it before I could get up.
I stand up and wipe my tears.
"Fine, you don't wanna talk? I'll do the talking." I say. And put my forehead against the door.
"Calum. You're my one and only friend. I trusted you with so much. I told you everything and this is how you repay me? By... By being so nice to me and getting me to trust you and telling me I look pretty and then kissing me? And here I am acting like a fool, yelling at a door trying to get you to forgive me for whatever made you angry and upset last night. But I will stand outside this door all night if I have to because that's what a real friend would do."
I get everything out before I sit on the ground and break down in tears.
<<C.H. POV>>
There's finally a break in her crying. I sit against the door eating my pizza that she brought me and just listening. I'm not even sure why. I just sit and listen.
"Cal... I can hear you chewing..." She says softly from the other side of the door giving a small laugh and a sniff.
I give a slight smile and lean back against the door again before I don't hear her anymore.
She left.
I move myself onto the couch and fall asleep, wondering if Julia was actually worth all of this because I honestly had no idea what I was doing with myself.

---------------------------------------------
Well hey there wattpad, havent hung out with you in awhile....
How is everyone??? How's the new year???
This chapter basically reminds me of frozen after re-reading it like... Idrk so I'll let you figure it out
Have you read "keeping afloat" yet? It's a teen fiction story but I really like what I have planned for it so please go read it! :)
Thanks for hanging in there
//S