Twelve

twelve

I finally can breath again and sit up and try to tell Calum the story of Kolby Curtis.

Kolby Curtis. The most popular girl on campus. She wasn't a snob or a b!tch she was the sweetest and most caring girl in the world. She introduced me to all her friends and we had our own friend group. We lived together, visited each others families, went on vacations. Everyone loved her but not as much as I did. She was basically my sister. Her only flaw was her inability to swim. I was the swim captian. We went to this weekend lake house with all of our friends. We separated for 26 minutes. 26. While I was flirting she was too only with a group of non-sober frat boys. No one knew she couldn't swim but me so they all picked her up and tossed her into the water. She was screaming at first they said but then it stopped and they thought she was fine but then they realized she was struggling to stay above water. By the time someone swam out to get her it was too late. Since no one wanted to admit who's fault it was they all blamed it on me. If I wasn't such a slut, if I had stayed with her, if I had taught her how to swim, only if's. Everyone on campus hated me. I was shunned. Julia Albright: the girl who murdered Kolby Curtis. Me and Kolby had big dreams to move out here and start our own restaurant - "J and K's". I loved her so much. She was my other half. And now she's gone.

Calum is quiet for awhile then finally speaks up.
"As long as you know it's not your fault... That's all that matters because Kolby... She's not disappointed in you what's so ever Julia." I stand up and take a deep breath and Calum does too.
I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a massive hug and he immediately wrapped his giant arms around me.
"Thanks." I say into his shoulder.
"Of course." Calum says, his voice low and muffled.
I pull away from the hug and walk back over to the edge of the building and try to get up on the wall but hands grab onto my waist and lift me up. I sit myself on the cold bricks with the assistance of Calum. He climbs up too and we look out over the skyline.
"I came prepared to finish your list." He said holding up a bottle of champagne.
I just shake my head. " I didn't do everything on the list anyways..."
He just shrugs.
"Can't hurt to reward yourself for everything today."
I give a small smile.
"Did you even bring glasses?"
Calum slumps back a little.
"$h!t." He mutters and pops the cork off the top, making him lean back to the point where he was falling. I laugh and pull him forward. My bare feet dangle down above the out skirts of the city.
Calum holds the bottle up to his lips.
"To Kolby." He says and takes a big gulp. I smile and he offers the bottle to me.
"Yeah. To Kolby." I say and take a gulp too.
"We're really high up." Calum says looking down and bending his back, leaning forward.
"Oh my gosh stop!" I give a nervous laugh. "That freaking scares me please stop. Please please please."
Calum laughs and sits up.
"How is it scary?" He asks and I give him a weird look.
"How? What if you lean too far and fall!" I say. He laughs at my concern.

We sit side by side and I rub my hands against my arms to keep them warm.
"Are you cold?" Calum asks.
I shrug and Calum takes his hoodie off and hands it to me.
I raise an eyebrow at him.
"Really? Well if we're going to be all cute and cliché about this you might as well wrap it around me too." I say shaking my head.
"We'll do you want the hoodie or not?" He ask and I glare at him as I put it on.
"Better?" He asks and I nod trying to keep an annoyed expression.
I look up at the sky. It's too dark to tell if it's covered in clouds or if it was just polluted air but the stars were no where to be seen. I slump down a little and lean into Calum.
He doesn't move just lets me rest my head in his shoulder. I close my eyes and just sit there in the silence.
"Pst." I hear Calum whisper but I don't move. "Psssst. J! Are you sleeping?" A smile curls on my lips but I still don't answer.
"Julia I can literally see you smiling."
I laugh and sit up.
"Well I didn't say you had to move." Calum said making me laugh again.
"Are you ready to go back inside?" He asks and I nod.
"Yeah let's go."
Calum turns around and hops off the wall and helps me down. About half way back I stop walking and lay in the middle of the hallway.
"I'm so ttiiiirrrrreeeddd." I complain and close my eyes like I'm about to fall asleep.
"You're literally like a 5 year old." I hear Calum say and his shadow towers over me. His hands scare my and I squirm in his arms as he carries me down the hall way.
"Geez how much food did you eat today?"
I snicker and reach up and try to slap him in the face. We get back to the apartment and Calum opens the door and carries me all the way to my bedroom. He drops me on my bed with a thud.
"Goodnight J." He says and turns off my light. I laugh.
"Goodnight Cal." I say and turn on my side to look out the window. In a few minutes Calum's apartment light flicks on and back off again.
I lay on my back and look at the ceiling. I notice I'm still wearing Calums hoodie and put the hood up. I drift to sleep replaying the day in my head.
--------------------------------------------
I love updating a lot it's fun //s