Twenty seven

>>C.H. POV<<
"So," I say as Mali and I climb the stairs to finish getting ready for the day.
"We talked about my love life... dating any foreign guys?" I ask.
She gives a loud laugh and gives me a pathetic look.
"Have you ever heard the words commitment and Mali in the same sentence?" She replies.
I sigh.
"No. There are no guys in my life right now. Sorry to break it to you, but relationships are a waste of time. Why spend your life looking for someone who can break your heart in a snap when there's a whole world to see."
I shake my head in disagreement.
"Relationships are about finding the person who will travel the world with you. So you're never alone. And maybe that person will become your world and is all you'll ever need to see. Finding love is more important then finding the world."
Mali puts her hands on her hips in disbelief.
"That's such a you answer. No Calum. Love only gives you something to break. It's like handing a glass vase to a 4 year old. Once it's broken it can't be fixed no matter how much glue you add to it. For Gods sake, love is just something people tell themselves is there so they don't feel alone. Well guess what, we're all alone. Caring for others is just a weakness to society."
I glare at her as I walk into the doorway to my room.
"It's not my fault you're alone Mali. That was your decision because you're the one who left everyone who could have ever loved you to be alone. Maybe being lonely is just an option."
I close my door. I wasn't letting her get to me.
I text Julia.

Me- Hey:) how's the family. Ur flight was ok?

Loner número uno(: - my familys great. Flight was good. Hows ur family?

Me- good. My moms great. My sisters here

Loner número uno(: - ???

Loner número uno(:- I thought you were an only child...

Me- not exactly

Loner número uno(:- call me??? pls explain im so confused.

J calls me and I pick up.
"Hello?" I say quietly into my phone.
There's a pause but eventually Julia speaks.
"UH hi. Wait so let me get this straight, you lied about being an only child?"
"My sister left years ago, I haven't heard from her for over four years I just don't even consider her family anymore."
There's silence on the other line until Julia finally speaks up again.
"What's her name..."
"Mali."
"That's a pretty name. I'd love to meet her."
"I wouldn't recommend it."
"Cal, I don't know what happened between you guys but she's back for a reason and I think you should try and fix things with her. Sibling bonding, ya know?"
I sigh because I know she's right.
"I'll think about it." I mutter into the phone.
"Okay... Well I need to get back to my family, I'll call you tonight."
"Okay, talk to ya later."
I can almost visualize J smiling.
"Okay, see ya." She says and hangs up.

Our phone call was short but reassuring. Reassuring in the sense that Mali was wrong and that Julia only made me stronger. She wasn't my weakness she was the iron that sharpened me, not sliced.

I finished getting dressed and go back downstairs to watch some TV. I flip through the channels and stop on house hunters. My parents, Mali and I all used to sit in the living room every Sunday night and make fun of the buyers and their pickiness on the show.
I hear Mali walk in and sit on the couch next to me.
"Is this house hunters?" She asks.
"Yep." I reply.

"Oh look at this... The molding is just... It's so ugly it needs to go. This is outrageous and oh my goodness look... Look charlie... You can see the other neighbors back yard." Mali and I laugh in unison at the annoying women on the TV and spend the rest of the morning laughing and mocking buyers on house hunters.

><J.A. POV><
Carrie, Peyton and I all sit together in the sunroom. The fire place was on so it was warm enough that we didn't need jackets. I wore my oversized navy knit sweater and some yoga pants along with my cute slippers.
We all sat together on the long white wooden bench that was cushioned with pillows. Legs and arms were all over the place. Carrie's legs were swung over my lap and I was leaning into Peyton who had an arm draped around me.
I take a sip of my coffee and take a deep breath. The air was so much breathable here. It smelled like trees and dirt but in the best way and it felt like home.
"So how's school? Have you decided what you wanna do you?" I ask Carrie.
She shrugs. "Probably something in the Veterinary field. I'm not sure yet." She had a slight southern accent in her voice from living here for awhile.
"That's really awesome, Car." I say with a smile.
"It's really nice to see you both. And I'm glad to see you both so happy." Peyton gives a small smile and glances at me. I pretended not to notice that it was probably directed at me.
"Thanks." I say and Peyton nods.
"Oh!" Carrie jumps up.
"I forgot to tell you! I mentioned to Max and Eli that you guys were back in town they told me we should stop by sometime this week." She said excited.
I roll my eyes but smile.
Max and Eli helped their dad run the rest stop and gas station afew miles outside of town. I'd know Eli since I was 12. We had just moved to Johnson City. He was my first friend at my new school. I got to know him and his little brother Max and Carrie became best friends too.
Eli and I had lost contact once I left for college I hadn't seen him in years.

"Awh! I miss Eli. Ya know, I bet he doesn't look so much like a little elf anymore." Peyton laughs causing me and Carrie into a fit of giggles.
"No... I definitely bet he still looks like one of Santa's helpers." I laugh.
Carrie wiggles her eyebrows. "Oh he looks as good as ever."
Peyton snorts.
"Oh yeah? How's little Max doing? Mom tells me you keep turning him down whenever he asks you out?" Peyton smirks and I laugh.
"Really?! Oh, Car!" Carrie slaps my arm and laughs.
"He's only asked me out twice."
Peyton shrugs.
"I don't know. You'd be cute with Max. And Jules I could totally see you with Eli."
I raise my eyebrows.
"What about Cal?"
Peyton just shrugs. "What about him?" She smirks and I roll my eyes.
"I swear Pey... that's not even funny."
She just laughs. "Oh but it is. You two are so pathetic. 'Goodnight CalPal'
'Goodnight J bug'. Cue the Eskimo kissing," Peyton mocks and Carrie snorts.
I roll my eyes again. "We do not talk like that." Peyton gives Carrie a look and raises her eyebrows at me.
I end up laughing it off and I spend the rest of the day hanging out with the girls.
My dad eventually gets home and Peyton and I greet him at the door.
"Jules! Pey! Oh, my girls... It's so great to see you," he grins and I smile back.
"I'm so glad to be back." He raises his eyebrows at me and grins even bigger.
"It's nice to see you excited to be home." He plants a kiss on the top of my head and walks into the kitchen. Peyton and I linger.
"Everyone keeps saying stuff like that to me."
Peyton shrugs.
"Well we kind of all thought you'd be in a funk forever. You were such a Debby downer." I don't reply mainly because she was probably right.
After Kolby passed I mainly stayed in my room all day, doing nothing, going down to bake 4 dozen batches of cookies now and then when I was sick of staring at the ceiling.

We all sit down at the table and eat together, laughing and talking. I talked about New York and how I met Calum,leaving out all the hate we had between us, and how I had been. Peyton didn't say much considering she was doing mostly illegal things back in California. Carrie talked about school and her new job taking care of the neighbors horses.
After dinner we decide to watch old movies in Carries room. Her bed was barely big enough for all of us so we dragged in Peyton's mattress and we layed both of them side by side. We all got dressed up in our PJ's and made popcorn and started watch Grease.

About half way through my phone begins to go off. Calum was calling me. I decline the call and text him

Me- hey watching a movie with my sisters i'll call u tomorrow, goodnight :) <3

Loner #2 ;)- ok hope u guys r having fun. Tell Peyton I said hi. Night

I lean over to Peyton. "Calum says hi."
She gives a small laugh.
"Do you... Nevermind." I trail. I wasn't sure if I wanted her answer.
"What? Tell me. If you don't tell my I'm gonna freeze your bra tonight or something like that." She complains.
Carrie shushes us.
"Do you like Calum? Do you think we're good together?" I whisper. Peyton pauses then says, "yeah. You guys are cute."
"You hesitated." I reply quickly.
She rolls her eyes. "No I didn't."
"UH, yeah you did."
"Does it matter?"
"YES."
Carrie glares at us.
"Would you two shut up, yes, Julia you and your boyfriend are probably adorable. Okay?"
I laugh.
"But you haven't met him."
"Hence the probably."
I roll my eyes and don't bring it up again.
We spend the rest of the night watching movies until we all fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------
I made a collage picture thing going left to right it's Carrie, Julia, Peyton and then the previous picture of Cal and Mali oops. Idk I just thought it would be nice to add in for y'all

Idk if this is a filler or naw. It's got some juicay info. Idk man
Vote
Comment
Read
Thank you all so much! //S