part 56

Hades got up even though his body was feeling agonizing pain. 

He couldn't stand losing. The greed for money and power and messed up his mind and without hesitation, he took the gun that laid beside him and shot at his once best friend.

Yeon's sharp eyes caught the man raising the gun towards her father making her run to him without thinking twice. 

And she had the vest to protect her but her father didn't.

*Gunshot*

*Gunshot*

*Gunshot*

*Gunshot*

*Gunshot*

*Gunshot*

Yeon groaned in pain.

Hades was in too much pain to aim properly so he randomly pulled the trigger while pointing at Mr. Kim. 

Yeon's shoulder and legs were shot. Lucky for her she was wearing her vest protecting her vital organs.

5 bullets hit her. 

The poison weakened her body within minutes. 

Her father gasped when she suddenly hugged him out of nowhere to protect him from the bullets.

"Nobody hurts my family!" Yeon said through her gritted teeth and stood to kick Hades in the face with all her remaining strength breaking a few of his teeth and his face was now covered in blood.

She soon fell on the floor. Her body weakening as the second passed and her blood loss was making her vision blurry. 

She glanced at Eunwoo. He was severely injured as well but she knew he would survive. 

She smiled sadly.

'At least they are safe now.'

And everything went black for her.

Yeon and Eunwoo were immediately taken to the hospital. 

They both had lost a lot of blood but Yeon's condition was much more severe than Eunwoo's. Her body quickly reacted with the poison damaging her immune system worsening her condition.

Every Kim was a crying mess. They had no clue of what was happening other than the fact that their Uncle tried to kill them. They were confused. They wanted to know what was happening but no one was there to tell them anything.

Hours passed. The sun had risen but Yeon's surgery was still ongoing. No doctor or nurse stepped out of the room to enlighten them with her condition.