part 71

Hoi! I'm not dead..yay!.. k so I'm sorry for not updating for like a month or so. I had my exams but they got over like 3 weeks back but i didnt have the energy to upload so i apologize again. Happy reading!

-btsav8

"I'm Kim Byunghun's lawyer, Kim Yeon." Yeon said and the boys looked at her wide-eyed.

Yeon was a lawyer who studied the 2-year law course. She was officially a lawyer and no one except Mrs. Choi knew about it.

It was only Yeon against a whole mafia gang. This time, she had no one to help her like she had in the past except for her father's high school classmate, Song Woojin, but he was a man who lived in hiding with a family.

He only helped Yeon with little tasks which weren't of much help so she created many fake IDs. Police officer, Doctor, teacher, you name it she had it all.

She used these fake IDs to get information about her enemy and it was rather helpful but she also needed help in the legal field. Faking being a lawyer could get her into serious trouble if she was caught so she chose to study law instead.

She was a lawyer and she knew what she had to do right now, get her father out of jail.

"What are the charges against my client?" Yeon formally asked the officers, maintaining her professional aura

"Murder of an employee and sexual harassment of the victim." The officer said with a slight smirk.

Yeon couldn't help but chuckle, "Any evidence?"

"Mr. Kim was with her and he was present beside the corpse. A knife was found nearby and there are bruises and signs of rape on the body." 

"How does that prove my client guilty? Did you find any CCTV footage of where he assaulted or murdered the victim? Does any of the evidence direct towards my client?" Yeon asked crossing her legs with a smirk.

The officer sighed in frustration and looked at the girl in front of him, "Look, Ms. Kim, Mr. Kim was the last person who saw the victim alive and he was present at the crime scene. He is our main suspect as of now. Please co-operate with the investigation."

Yeon nodded understandingly, "Very well, I'll talk to my client then."

She stood up and went to the cell where her father was locked up in. Her father quickly stood up as he saw his daughter approaching him.

"You'll have to stay here for a few more hours. I have no evidence proving that you're innocent but I promise to get you out of here by morning." Yeon mumbled and looked at her father with a sad look.

"Can you tell me what actually happened back there?"

"I saw a suspicious man near my office and chased him to the rooftop and she was on the floor, dead." Mr. Kim said and rubbed his forehead.